Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: power FC

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    Greddy emanage is only a piggyback, it only adjusts the standard ECU points and needs tuning to make any improvements, it also has limited tuning points.

The PFC is a plug & play, with a base map, so you can do more down the track. Also its a full ECU with more tunable points
    With that said.. does a piggy back provide any power gains at all ? (even with modifications) Or is a fully standalone ECU like Power FC the only choice for power gains on the dyno (not imaginary butt dyno gains).. Sorry to hijack..

i think piggy backs such as VAFC provide some power gains as you can remap the air and fuel ratios

a cheaper alternative to buying a standalone ECU

Member Array
    Car:
    K20Z2 / EGB18C
    I have an Apexi Neo in the car ...pro tuned on a dyno...
    not much or insignificant power gains...just maybe more fuel eco.

was wondering if PFC or hondata can do any MAJOR improvements than a an interceptor given a mild moded (w/o internals) car.

is this consider hijacking?
    that is quite abunai....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    I personally wouldn't bother with those Apexi NEO's, SAFC and all the other rice boxes. You can do some resistor work (if you know your electronics) and imitate exactly what the SAFC does and pay 1/50th the price.

You won't get any real gains from leaning out the AFR. You need to work on the timing, the most you can do is advance the distributor although that's advancing the whole map x degree's, which can be dangerous.

Having said that, if you're tuning for economy, you can do it using the SAFC, etc.

Hondata can give improvements, they can tune fuel and ignition maps seperate rather than rely on advancing the base timing to compensate for lack of such control.

Hope that helps.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20Z2 / EGB18C
    totally agree...and with regards to the resistor work, ahahah to that...not that it is wrong..the ECU uses electrical signals to vary the AFR. But the question is, Chr1s, how much difference are we looking at here with a mild moded car. my car currently pulls 101 kw atw with a neo, but are we looking at ~110 with PFC or hondata?

I guess when it comes to tuning ...u want to be able to know when should you start doing more hardcore tuning...Stage >2 ? Stage 1.5? or when you get ur first CAI?

chock
    that is quite abunai....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I gained 7kw atw after a tune. I have I/H/E and TB
    bbs garage krew.
    Tuned by DYNODAVE
    Winton:
    1:42
    Wakefield: 1:12
    0-400m:

Member Array
    Car:
    K20Z2 / EGB18C
    as compared to stock or piggyback or interceptors?
    that is quite abunai....

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    piggy back systems generally have less tuning points. All will have benefits over standard ECUs. But again depends on what their features are and how much you wanna pay and what you are looking at doing

VAFC, NEO & Greddy ones have limited tuning points and piggyback of your standard ECU's signals.

Hondata, Chrome... and the such are honda ECU chips that allow you to reprogram your factory ECU. They make your factory ECU more like a fully tunable ECU.

PFC, Motec, WolF, EMS and the like are also Full ecus. Some need full programing to work while other like the PFC have base maps in them of the factory setting for specific cars, so only need minor mods done.

To get any benefit you need some tuning. The more tunable areas, means the more accurate the fueling and timing can be adjusted. Again skill of the tuner comes into play.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    P.S i have a PFC and i liked it for the fact that it had a base map so i could drive it around and it was Plug & Play (no wiring needed). Most full ECU replacements need wiring & sometimes extra sensors.

Hondata, pro ECU & Chrome need chipping (i'm not that technical so i never bothered, and was too scared to soldier it myself)

Most piggybacks also need wiring, but some have plug & play looms i.e greddy.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    My car is a 96ek1 D16Y4 Auto,there is no stand alone ECU you can use,so I have to use greddy e-manage.

LIMBO: How do you find the tune on your car? Did the PFC give your tuner a sufficient amount of tuning points to get a nice level of driveability from the car?

Also, how was the base tune that it comes with? Sufficient enough to obtain a good cold idle and get you to the tuners with injectors already installed??

Jase

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    nah it doesn't have something for a turbo. Toda-AU was nice enough to put a turbo b16 map from another setup so i could drive the car over. All i did was plug the ECU in and drive it over slowly under boost to get tuned properly.
    I have heard of people driving without injectors and staying under boost and just getting it to the tuner. Other method is to get it towed.

Beeza - its OBD2a so you get the Type R PFC and its plug & play. Then just needs a tune. I guess the Vtec engagement just gets turned off.

Or if its OBd1 there is a version for that also or a conversion harness is possible.

That way you plug in and no need to pay for install