Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: power FC

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    It's ODB2,not sure if a or b,I didn't want to spend much,just to get it tuned because it's running way too rich,always has been.The engine has no power too so a b18 is my dream with a stand alone ECU.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    How can you drive without injectors lol?

The PFC should have enough of a tuning resolution to give you a decent tune. You can do the base map yourself if you have a broad understanding of tuning, all you do is remove timing and richen it up for boost. If you have a wideband, it'll make a quick road tune alot easier and safer. However I wouldn't recomend it if you don't know how everything works.

As Limbo said, most hondata, chrome, etc are just chips that enable the tuner to change some global settings such as rpm limit, kph limit, etc; timing maps (low and high), fuel maps (low, high and det.), injector pulsewidth, etc etc. In otherwords, a standalone ECU.

Motec and others make a MINT off this kinda work, chrome is similiar, without the goodies.

I had a standard ECU reverse engineered to implement launch control, solenoid activation at certain TP/RPM, 32x32 maps (more resolution for tuning) and alot more.

Member Array
    Car:
    Nissan Micra Type R
    Street tuning FTMFW!
    NHB DC2R

TYP 20R

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Quote Originally Posted by blk_shadow View Post
    does anyone use Apexi power fc on their integra Vtirs or B18c2?

how much power and fuel efficiency do you guys get?

cheers

Waste, just get your ECU chipped.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    ^ I agree

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    you run standard injectors with a your standard ECU. Car will run funny and you should drive under 2.5k rpm, if the engine sees any boost it will crap itself and stall.

Other method is to get it towed.

The reason for PFC its plug & play (comes in obd2a & 2b or get a conversion harness if you got something else) and you can put your car back to stock without much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    How can you drive without injectors lol?

The PFC should have enough of a tuning resolution to give you a decent tune. You can do the base map yourself if you have a broad understanding of tuning, all you do is remove timing and richen it up for boost. If you have a wideband, it'll make a quick road tune alot easier and safer. However I wouldn't recomend it if you don't know how everything works.

As Limbo said, most hondata, chrome, etc are just chips that enable the tuner to change some global settings such as rpm limit, kph limit, etc; timing maps (low and high), fuel maps (low, high and det.), injector pulsewidth, etc etc. In otherwords, a standalone ECU.

Motec and others make a MINT off this kinda work, chrome is similiar, without the goodies.

I had a standard ECU reverse engineered to implement launch control, solenoid activation at certain TP/RPM, 32x32 maps (more resolution for tuning) and alot more.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

sorry to Hi jack this.. got a B16B Stock Internal but planning to Power FC it. will that be much difference if just stock Power FC no tune ? or is it necessary to get it tuned ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Only small if it is tuned. Very small. Itd be more worthwhile to get I/h/e a a minimum before the power fc. get the parts you want inside first then ecu.
    Last edited by DakDak; 12-01-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    I ran my b16a using PFC and noticed power during vtec, only because i had IHE and FPR. Problem was i ran 2% richer. not tuned just plug n play. It got 98fwkw.

Other than that she went well.

Are u using the oem JDM CTR PCT ecu now?
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

What advantages would say a hondata s300 have over a Apexi Power fc ? Or vica versa ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    s300 has more resolution, controls boost better.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

So for a N/A Engine with usual I/h/e they would be similar ?
    (for arguments sake lets say same tuner, expireince with both ecu's, same day ect)