Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo advice?

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Hey champ

The kits on the usa ebay arnt too bad. for Pipeing, Cooler & BOV. Good Value Too. However i wouldnt got the td04/td05. The turbo is what you need to spend decent money on 1000+. Get something Ball Bearing, Oil cooled and Water cooler. Gt28 is the way to go. Massiver difference between a good turbo and a average turbo.

If you really want something that you not gonna loose iterest in.. in terms of lack of power. Then custom piece together your setup. Its not hard and you can slowly do it over time buying quality parts.

Lyle
    Last edited by Sexc86; 29-07-2008 at 09:11 AM.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Yeah, this would be just as a starter to get me started and then after that move to a better turbo and ECU and then later down the track an engine to

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    man no point just throwing money away... decide what you want first and then go strait for it. Rather then blowing money on something you know your are just going to get rid of.

Well i dono aye, i mean lukzen (not to sure on spelling) his gained decent results considering he is using a simular kit its all i am after maybe an extra 5-10kws but 130ish id be happy with. I aint after a major project just a solution to increase power and save money and do it safly Greddy kit seems to be the go.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    yep sure thing... thats no problem but if you know you are going to want more in the future (your are planning to buy the kit.... pay to install then tune... then remove it for something better) you better of going strait to your primary goal... rather then spending money in places that you know you are going to sell up in.

If you know long term your going to be happy with the greddy limits 130/140 wkw. Then sure go strait for it (Y) you can get plenty of fun outa that sorta power.

yeah thanks man ill do some thinking. I think if i want more power from that id have more fun and have better results from something AWD or RWD any ways lol so see what happens

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by hondavti25 View Post
    yeah thanks man ill do some thinking. I think if i want more power from that id have more fun and have better results from something AWD or RWD any ways lol so see what happens
    Can't send to you in box bro so here ya go

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZracingimporter
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EJ8
    oi pastey pm me i have a d series turbo kit with all you need would hook you up. have a d16y8 as well if interested in getting the hole thing the motor with the power fc tune pulled 141kw pm me

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by andy9999 View Post
    oi pastey pm me i have a d series turbo kit with all you need would hook you up. have a d16y8 as well if interested in getting the hole thing the motor with the power fc tune pulled 141kw pm me
    List turbo parts and motor mods for 141kw!
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

> we spoke about a turbo option which he could do a fair price.

Edelbrock do a quality D16y8 turbo kit.

I'm sure a couple of japanese manufacturers do too.

If you're considering spending $$$ on other people working on your baby, then this might be an equivalently priced alternative.

I believe there's no shortage of people running K20/24 motors here which could do a vanilla k20 for about the same price.

People go D16's cause they're cheap. If you have a reasonable budget then look further and get the benefit of an LSD and better gear ratios.

Alternatively, sway bars, good rubber and an LSD would be a more usable/fun way to dispose of some cash.

> I cant justify spending 10G plus on the current car so meh.

Take it from someone's who's already travelling the d16 path. $2-3000 doesn't go very far if others are turning the spanners and you're sourcing brand name new parts.

Nick.
    Last edited by nd55; 31-08-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Yeah see what happens aye i dono about a k20 for the same budget as the turbo kit. turbo kit will probs set me back 3000 + labour and engineering i think any ways. ATM its not a huge priority once i am sure ill take it from there.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EJ8
    d16y8
    garret gt28/71 bb turbo
    front mount
    3" exuasht
    walbro fuel pump
    fuel rail 550 rc injectors
    plateum plugs
    power fc
    low compresson gasket