Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wheel size

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    Just my personal taste, going for bigger rim size will cause adverse visual impact as it make the brake looks super tiny. It will be difference if you are going to change the brake clipper to 6pots spoon, Brembo or the like.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    Just my personal taste, going for bigger rim size will cause adverse visual impact as it make the brake looks super tiny. It will be difference if you are going to change the brake clipper to 6pots spoon, Brembo or the like.
    So true, my brakes have been upgraded, but only slightly bigger than original.

Looks kinda funny with 18's and these tiny little brakes.

I'd rather go some light weight 15's or 16's at the max.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    make sure you get the correct offset if you are going or already have lowered you car.
    or you may get some scrubbing. i would go 16inch, lighter and if you get a good design actually look bigger than they should be. cheaper on tyres too!
    Green and Gold Ghetto EK4
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CRX "96"
    i have 18's and my car is lowered, doesnt scrub.... nothing wrong with them yet... haha but prob need more wheel alliignments than most ppl bcoz of it in future.
    they quite heavy on the car as they chrome...
    though im not looking to make my car into a "faster" car.

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Legal - 15" -16"
    Defectable - 17" < Bigger +"

> im running 16" with 205/45/16

Me too.

However I don't find the availability of high performance rubber is the best in this size.

ie tyres with a UTQG of 220ish or lower.

To stay within a couple percent of the OEM tyre size means 17inch rims require really low profile. Not practical if you don't want any legal attention.

The other problem is good (forged), used, 4x100 rims don't come up too often, sigh. We live in a Commodre, Falcon & Skyline world.

Nick.
    Last edited by nd55; 27-08-2008 at 04:42 PM.