[CL9] 7" Doule DIN Install

So I went to install my head unit today. Made a pass-through harness so I didnt have to cut my stock cable. So it goes like this:

[car audio harness]-->[plug to stock hu]-->[doule din hu]

I already have the honda ipod adapter and honda bt car kit.

Removed the centre compartment and noticed on the left was the ipod adapter and on the right was the bt unit. Was about to give them a new home, but I managed to squeeze in the double din head unit too.

The bt car kit too has a pass through connector so its:

[car audio harness]-->[bt car kit]-->[stock stereo]

So with the pass through cable it looks like ths:

[car audio harness]-->[bt car kit]-->[stock stereo]-->[double din hu]

Did some testing after I made the pass through cable it was worked well, also a trial fitting of the double din stereo. Powered up fine, sound out off the stock speakers. DVD's, divx/xvids, mp3.. all good.

Time to put everything back...

Mounted the GPS antenna just above the centre vents. Nicely hidden and good for reception.
    Reconnected the stereo/hvac.
    Mount/connect the new stereo.

Test it...

Test the radio, all good.
    Test the ipod adapter, all good.
    Test the bt car kit, all good.
    Switch stock hu off.
    Test new stereo.
    GPS booted fine, in the garage and picked up a signal pretty quickly.
    DVD's, DivX, MP3's all running fine.

So then because I am still going to be using the stock head unit for radio and ipod playback I thought I'd turn it on at the same time, the 7" is mainly for GPS, and videos.

Then... the screen on the stock dims, 5 seconds later they both go off. No interior lights, no power to the stereos, bt kit powers up though. Control still work, eg: air con, etc. Stereo wont power up at all.

Checked the fuse box under the vsa/sunroof control and I found a blown light fuse.. couldnt see any signs/logos for audio in the fuse box. Is that all I need to change or did I just miss the audio one?

And for the power fix, would I just run a direct wire to the battery for the new stereo and maybe negative to chassis instead of using the one from the harness?

I have read the no light/no stereo here before, but for some reason I can't find the thread.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CL9/11 CU2
    do you do the install by yourself?

iPod adapter and BT Car Kit was done by the dealer when I bought my car.

New stereo I did.

Replace the Interior Light fuse, it's a red 10 amp one.

I tried to get both stock and aftermarket units to work simultaneously but couldn't do it, everytime i turned both on at once the fuse would blow.

Cool Thanks mate. You obviously ran a cable from the battery to the new headunit?

Spliced into the ignition cable for power to the headunit, but still had the same prob. So im just gonna try my best not to turn the stock audio on, lol.

Finished the install, ran a seperate batt. wire for the new stereo. Power issue fixed, but I still cant have both on. Sound gets screwed now when both are on.

Anyone know if this is a Honda thing or that's how it is in general?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Pics of new head unit please
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Check ur manual, the audio fuse is the 5th fuse im 90% sure
    Just a heads up..
    When I did this my touchscreen wont work on the 2nd unit