Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    Hey thanks guys for the great input.

@AusAccord: dude your input is more than what i expected, now atleast I've got a shorlist and a rough idea what to look out for. Yeah and that ohlin of yours is something to look out for. Thanks again

@Atjo: LOL yeah that's definitely something I would ask around for in Asia when I go for holidays, but "air"= $$... but its definitely something to ask around...if the price is right!! Thanks again.

@Pocketz: nah, its not like I'm sending my car into space. I'm kinda noob in this so I just picked out a few of the mainstream brands. I don't think changing suspension is over the top right? just the standard lowered look and better handling without compromising to much comfort.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    Christ, I've completely missed the entire page2 thinking my reply continued from the end of page 1.

@Pocketz: What they rest said is very true, when you load 7/8 people into the car it just sinks right down and try making a U-turn or just take a normal turn with that mother and you'll know what its like.

@everyone: you reckon $1.5K for Sustec Pro5 is a decent price? Saw some quote from someone in Kuala Lumpur for right around that price.

^^ 1.5k AUD landed/delivered Sustec Pro5 is a damn good price. again not experienced that before but guess it will be towards the soft side but not giving up ride comfort. good luck and have fun on yr shopping remember to put up a review later on

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Just my 2 cents...

For well known brands, if you can get them around the 1.4k to 1.6k brand new shipped I think it would be a very good deal. Just remember to factor in transport cost, GST, custom duties and import tax, these will also add up to total cost.

I believe last I asked abt Ohlins (6 mths ago), it was quoted at 1.8k shipped. Tein Super Wagon (3 years ago) was 3k installed with EDFC. For a bench mark I would suggest calling the Tein distributor in your state for a quote and it should be a good indicator of 'normal' prices. These were Perth prices, Melbourne I think might be cheaper.
    Last edited by evolution; 01-02-2010 at 08:46 PM.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Quote Originally Posted by AusAccord View Post
    ^^ yes sir nice rim u have.... post more pics for us to enjoy
    Thanks mate.. Im not a good photographer, IYAP took a photo of my car and he is just to lazy to post it.. hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    05 RB1|08 B200T
    odymod is the best boo to ones who are against...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    guys guys need your opinion here on which to go,

1) Ohlins DFV (Brand new) $1800+
    2) Tein GT Wagon (2nd hand) $1300

Its no secret ohlins are world reknown but its only hilo adjustable and they have only one series. The GT on the other hand top of the range in Tein, but 2nd hand and although people have msconception that they might be more tending towards racing/uncomfortable ride, some people who've actually used it reckons its great due to the multiple adjustment ways you can do with it ans you can still get quite decent ride comfort.

I cant really verify anything i said above as i've never done suspension upgrade before so any opinions here would be very much appreciated..

THanks guys

you should know my answer.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    Bro, your answer is ohlins what else hahahah.

ok got 3rd option here

3) Tein GT Wagon + EDFC, (2nd hand) $2,200+

in a dilemma. must make a decision quick as option (2) need someone to hand carry over to AU, option (1) & (3) can be shipped.

BTW do you need to pay duty for used goods? I know it says >$1,000 but I've heard people who brought stuff in which were clearly used like say rims or something which did not get taxed.

always not opt to 2nd hand coilover so rule out both Tein haha...... but choosing between 2 and 3, i'll go for 2 as can't justify AUD 900 for EDFC.... and also the shipping cost whatever it is.... tax issue is purely luck if they pick on you.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    yea dude I dig what you say re 2nd hand sussies, hassle of leakage bla bla bla. I'm inclined with (2) as its less likely to run into trouble with customs coz you're entitled to $900 worth of good duty free and you can pool the value together if in a group.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    With my coilovers I've only adjusted my settings once at install and that's it. With the odyssey rear dampening adjustment is difficult cos u need to pull the entire shock out. So if u think u are going to adjust your settings alot, get the EDFC, but more likely than not, you will only set it once.

At the end of the day, I think get brand new Ohlins will be good as you don't have to worry abt playing around with settings and being new you don't have to worry too much about defects.