Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    127Kws is a good figure based on the modifications you have. I had to do more to get there, maybe my car was a weekend special.

Anyway, VAFCii is just an interceptor which allows you to adjust your VTEC cam opening as well as your A/F ratio. Having tested this as well as other interceptors, the Euro's ECU has the capability to relearn and overwrite the tune over time. I can happen in as little as a day or over 2-3 months (of both which I have experienced during the testing). The VAFCii is not good enough in constantly intercepting the signals to stop the ECU from relearning. In saying that, not ALL interceptors or piggyback are like that, there are good ones such as E and V Manage from Greddy which are capable of holding off the ECU from learning if not at a slower rate.

To the topic on adjusting the VTEC cam opening, each car is different and reacts differently to whatever modifications are put in place, even 2 same cars from the same production batch with the same modifications will react differently to tuning. Everytime I dyno tune the car with different or added modifications, my tuner finds that the VTEC engagement points are different each time, once we even found out that the stock engagement point was the most optimum for power and linear torque delivery.

As for your case, if your tuner is a competent one, whichever point he set the car for VTEC, you should trust his work.
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    Hows that exedy clutch treating you?
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    How much did this cost all up inc.fitting tuning etc.drive in drive out?

Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    Hows that exedy clutch treating you?
    The exedy clutch i felt was quite tough and rough. Arrong advised me to move the bite point which i did and it runs a bit smoother now. I am not sure if it helps on performace but i got it so my clutch wouldn't die after 60000km again. Initially not impressed with the heavy duty clutch but as i got use to it i guess its ok.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    How much did this cost all up inc.fitting tuning etc.drive in drive out?
    I got pretty rorted on the VAFC2 as auto barn got it on a special order for me for $550. I believe its cheaper at alot of other places. And then i paid IS motor racing for the install and tune. Indy is good he takes alot of time and does quite a few runs untill he is happy with the tune. The tune cost me around $220 but he told me it could cost up to 260 - $300 depending if i needed to move the o2 sensor after chris from best mufflers installed my hi flow cat. Anyone looking at doing some exhaust work chris from best mufflers at carlton is very reasonably priced and his work is extremly clean and neat.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Euro View Post
    I got pretty rorted on the VAFC2 as auto barn got it on a special order for me for $550. I believe its cheaper at alot of other places. And then i paid IS motor racing for the install and tune. Indy is good he takes alot of time and does quite a few runs untill he is happy with the tune. The tune cost me around $220 but he told me it could cost up to 260 - $300 depending if i needed to move the o2 sensor after chris from best mufflers installed my hi flow cat. Anyone looking at doing some exhaust work chris from best mufflers at carlton is very reasonably priced and his work is extremly clean and neat.
    Thanks for replying.What brand of cat and how much did it cost?notice any gains?what year is your Euro?auto or manual?Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Thanks for replying.What brand of cat and how much did it cost?notice any gains?what year is your Euro?auto or manual?Thanks again.
    Hey tony. I got best mufflers to put on an xforce cat and a bigger flex pipe and flange out the pipe into the original as i didn't change any of the original pipe from the center to the back quater about 10-20cm after the flex pipe. This cost me just a tad over 500. I was more impressed with the cleaness of best mufflers work. he is extremly busy so i had to wait a few months before i could get it in but it was worth the wait. I noticed it was a lot louder from the inside and i felt it had better bottom end gain and picked up quicker. I didn't do any before and afters on teh dyno tune with the VAFC2 which was the 127kw ATW. My euro is an 03 euro in manual.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Hey tony. I got best mufflers to put on an xforce cat and a bigger flex pipe and flange out the pipe into the original as i didn't change any of the original pipe from the center to the back quater about 10-20cm after the flex pipe. This cost me just a tad over 500. I was more impressed with the cleaness of best mufflers work. he is extremly busy so i had to wait a few months before i could get it in but it was worth the wait. I noticed it was a lot louder from the inside and i felt it had better bottom end gain and picked up quicker. I didn't do any before and afters on teh dyno tune with the VAFC2 which was the 127kw ATW. My euro is an 03 euro in manual.
    yeh, should get mine dyno'd before i get a load of crap installed later.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The exedy clutch i felt was quite tough and rough. Arrong advised me to move the bite point which i did and it runs a bit smoother now. I am not sure if it helps on performace but i got it so my clutch wouldn't die after 60000km again. Initially not impressed with the heavy duty clutch but as i got use to it i guess its ok.
    Did you tend to slip the clutch a little (0.5 seconds) each time you change gears? That could be why you got such short life from your original clutch. I was at about 65000km and been through 4 trackday and when I changed the clutch out, it still had lots of life left in it.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    My euro is an 03 euro in manual.
    I recommend you change your MTF if you haven't yet
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    I recommend you change your MTF if you haven't yet
    Whats a MTF????

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Whats a MTF????
    manual transmission fluid

is it best to do a flush or just drain and top up?
    would it make much difference...
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9