Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DVD Rom Replacement for Sat Nav...

Hi All,

Here I go again... Just after your opinions if you can replace the standard DVD ROM with a single din DVD player/monitor? In other words what I am trying to do is still have pure navigation on the standard sat nav, but if I don't want navigation, I can use the single din dvd player to watch movies etc? Obviously the movies will play from the single DIN monitor and the standard sat nav will have to be on radio or air con.

I guess the output from the single din dvd player monitor would have to connect to the sat nav. If I want navigation, I can insert the map dvd disc. If I want movies, I can insert a dvd.

It might be possible because you can still run the air con, radio etc without the dvd maps.

Just trying to get the most out of the limited space!

Thanks!

Regards,
    Eco..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    i know that this is possible, using your current SAT NAV display screen and watch dvd

lost the URL to the company that supplies the box that converts everything, so you can switch between dvd player (have to add that yourself), tv tuner, reverse cameras & factory standard features

Can someone please find me the link so i can purchase this item, cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CL9/11 CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by xsite85 View Post
    i know that this is possible, using your current SAT NAV display screen and watch dvd

lost the URL to the company that supplies the box that converts everything, so you can switch between dvd player (have to add that yourself), tv tuner, reverse cameras & factory standard features

Can someone please find me the link so i can purchase this item, cheers
    I want to do that as well....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    if anyone has information inrelation to this set top box

please send us the information... i've seen picture of this working

maybe we might have to try tsxclub.com because the product is actually from the states
    Last edited by xsite85; 28-07-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Actually, I didn't want to watch DVD off the sat nav. I wanted to replace the DVD ROM single din unit (located near the ash tray), with an aftermarket single din dvd/monitor... I then wanted this aftermarket unit to play the navigation disc OR play movies. The movies would be shown from the monitor near the ash tray not through the sat nav..

Hope this makes sense...
    Complicated

Regards,
    Eco..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Dc5
    yeah makes sense but youll never find something that will play the honda sat nav disc and a normal dvd... unless you employ a few nerds to hack at a system for a few months (expensive- nerds charge heaps these days)

so you have three choices,,,

option one which is what im buying - tvandnav2go unit along with a xcarlink and cheap ass dvd player - push aux and flip the tvandnav2go switch and youll have audio from the aftermarket dvd player and visual from it, also the nav will also butt in and tell you where to go if youve selected a destination as it just interups the "aux" just like it does with cd/radio..

option two, move the nav dvd unit to the lower position and put single din motorised flipout one in its spot (lowering the stock nav dvd is ok since its only the slot you need access to as the spot below is just a bit smaller than single din)

option three do nothing and not crash while watching jesica alba

if anyone wants diy's etc or links just ask annd ill post from other sites
    as for my own set up , just waiting on my tax to come thru and im placeing my order
    EDIT: and also with the set up you can add in a reverse camera to play on the screen automatically when reverse is selected
    Last edited by hongster; 28-07-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: forgot to ad back up camera info

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by hongster View Post
    yeah makes sense but youll never find something that will play the honda sat nav disc and a normal dvd... unless you employ a few nerds to hack at a system for a few months (expensive- nerds charge heaps these days)

so you have three choices,,,

option one which is what im buying - tvandnav2go unit along with a xcarlink and cheap ass dvd player - push aux and flip the tvandnav2go switch and youll have audio from the aftermarket dvd player and visual from it, also the nav will also butt in and tell you where to go if youve selected a destination as it just interups the "aux" just like it does with cd/radio..

option two, move the nav dvd unit to the lower position and put single din motorised flipout one in its spot (lowering the stock nav dvd is ok since its only the slot you need access to as the spot below is just a bit smaller than single din)

option three do nothing and not crash while watching jesica alba

if anyone wants diy's etc or links just ask annd ill post from other sites
    as for my own set up , just waiting on my tax to come thru and im placeing my order
    EDIT: and also with the set up you can add in a reverse camera to play on the screen automatically when reverse is selected
    do you have any links & DIY's for the tvandnav2go?

would love to do some research and price comparsions... i was thinking of installing an amp and sub.. will the tvandnav2go work with my new setup?

cheers, sorry for stealing your thread

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    here is a picture of a TSX in America which converted their sat nav to tvandnav2go

our units are also PNP (plug and play), you can even add a ps2!!

i just emailed the sales team at http://tvandnav2go.net

hopefully these guys can help
    Last edited by xsite85; 29-07-2008 at 01:50 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro 08
    so with this product i would be able to watch dvd's or even hook up a playstation? group buy anyone?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    just got a reply from tvandnvav2go.net

"The mod for that car is $225USD. This will give you 2 video inputs 1 for dvd
    and 1 for backup camera. This unit is compatible with any audio system.
    you will have to cut 4 wires to do this mod." <--- can any techies elaborate this?

Still havn't answered my question if it also came with a TVtuner... hopefully he gets back to me soon

i'm up for a group buy-in

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 CL9 Euro 6MT Luxury
    Found an item on ebay which is also alike

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Acura-TSX-Nav...QQcmdZViewItem

i don't think they produce the NAVtv with tvtuner cards anymore

if someone knows a place that supplies please tell... in the meanwhile i'm going to do more research

Quote Originally Posted by hongster View Post

I was thinking of this option, but might not work because when the motorised monitor pulls out it won't be able to tilt to a good viewable position because of all the consol buttons just above as these all stick out...

Nav2go.. looks like the best option... In saying that I don't want to tinker with my warranty.. especially with such an expensive sat nav.