Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic 7th

clunking sound front left wheel

hi all, i was driving into my driveway from work today, it kerb is quite high so there is like a bump where the tyres have to go over, and all of a sudden i heard a like metallic noise, like something coming from the shocks, from the front left wheel, as that wheel hits the kerb into my driveway before the other wheel ( like a left turn ) the car drives beautifully and even the dealer said there is absolutely nothing wrong with your car (last month) when i took it in for a 50k service (only has 33k on the clock)

however last thursday i was coming home from work and it was raining and dark and on an 80kph road they were doing resurfacing and the top road surface was not there any more, so i like went over this section of road (about 1km in lenght) at about 85km/h then hit the other end where the road goes back to the top surface at 85km/h could that have affected something in the front wheels, i couldnt brake hard as i had this semi up my arse when i was going through this patch of roadwork!

what do you think got damaged?

ps in december the car turns 3 years old and thus out of warranty, shall i get the honda dealer to check it out before the 3 years is up?

thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic 7th
    thanks for all your replies

i didnt hear it today, so i suppose there is nothing i have to worry about.

ive had the exact same problem.. but i drive a vti.. i took back to the dealer.. they cant find a problem.. =S

i know what u mean... i have the same "problem"

isn't it just ABS?

well.. i dont think its abs.. i just bought the fd from the factory.. =S.. the dude pulled out the whole front suspension..and didnt find one thing.. =S

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic 7th
    yeah well i think i heard it again today on my way to work, im going to get it checked out in November just prior to my warranty expiry or sooner if i start to hear it more often,

will this be under warranty?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 Civic VTi
    i suggest you take it in to get it looked at as soon as possible.. (probably wont be covered under warranty) but if you wait longer and it gets worse etc they might try to put some of it on you, or if you take it in too close to your warranty expirary they might fart around and then you still have the problem but your warranty is expired and you have to pay for it..

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic 7th
    well i went under the car today to have a look, i couldnt see anything out of place, everything still has that 'new look' to it as its still only done 33k kms. But i will get it checked out next week from a dealer.

i am guessing spring sound, because of you drive over the bump, how high is the bump?

jack up the car, check the spring position to the shock absorber,

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    I just want to share that recently I noticed a flapping kind of noise from the front left wheel. On closer inspection, I found out there was a nail in the tyre (in the tread).

Went to Bob Jane T-Mart today and got it repaired, noise is gone too

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic 7th
    i went to the dealer this morning, they took it for a test drive, over bumps etc but could not replicate the noise, they then jacked up the car, tightened the bolts, greased and sprayed under the wheels, axles and told me your good to go, all for no cost! they even cleaned my windscreen,

talk about a great service! Highway Honda at Springwood good service.