Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Twincam16 View Post
    Will be hard to do that in future though, more and more learners, and ninja 250r was last years top selling bike in Aus...

Gonna be a flood of them on the used market soon
    3rd actually.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Ahh you always have to proove a point...

Since when has a postie or a Pee-Wee 50 been typical road bikes... let alone learner bike?

250r still last years biggest selling road bike. And suprisingly enough they are ALL ridden by learners... *shock*
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

The Honda CBR 125

Honda Bros NT400
    learner legal 400cc
    then i did my test on a CB250 and man i was it crap to ride.
    i really didnt feel safe on those skinny wheels
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109594

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    Quote Originally Posted by Twincam16 View Post
    Ahh you always have to proove a point...

Since when has a postie or a Pee-Wee 50 been typical road bikes... let alone learner bike?

250r still last years biggest selling road bike. And suprisingly enough they are ALL ridden by learners... *shock*
    No they arent. I have seen plenty beeing ridden by ppl on fulls. And there no even 2 yrs old.

Means eith P platers bought them or ppl on their fulls
    Ctrl + W

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by aimre View Post
    No they arent. I have seen plenty beeing ridden by ppl on fulls. And there no even 2 yrs old.

Means eith P platers bought them or ppl on their fulls
    I dont get wat u said? As P-platers are also under the LAMS scheme...

Why would somebody be dumb enough to buy one on their fulls, its just wasting money...

This bike is specifically targeted at the novice rider - even Kawasaki will tell you that

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CBR600RR
    04 Suzuki GSXR600.

Taught me how to handle a PHAT bike w/o dropping it, brake, control the throttle & control myself.
    Last edited by RoNi_SiZe; 09-04-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    lol best advise there roni.

Member Array
    Car:
    CBR600RR
    I had the opportunity to ride the new ninja 250R, its too expensive for what it is (mainly because it looks appealing to most new riders). CBR250 is a great bike but it is an old relic

I still think that the VTR250 is the best learners bike out there today.
    But, since when riding a motorbike is all about being sensible.. otherwise we all be riding scooters. I think I'm right in saying that buying a bike is all up to each individual taste in the end. And when some people argue that any particular bike is better than the other, I wouldn't blame them.. In a way, they all right..

I started with a VTR250 and can't put any fault on it... but I think I got everything out of that bike in a few months time. Now I ride an Aprilia RS125 and this is like a steep learning curve to me.. but I like it!!! And with the new law coming, I think the best bike for any new riders is the one that they wont mind spending some time learning on.

ps. I sold my VTR for a profit and bought the RS for a lot cheaper.. 2 strokes FTW !!!

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by D4rk4n63l View Post
    I had the opportunity to ride the new ninja 250R, its too expensive for what it is (mainly because it looks appealing to most new riders). CBR250 is a great bike but it is an old relic

I still think that the VTR250 is the best learners bike out there today.
    But, since when riding a motorbike is all about being sensible.. otherwise we all be riding scooters. I think I'm right in saying that buying a bike is all up to each individual taste in the end. And when some people argue that any particular bike is better than the other, I wouldn't blame them.. In a way, they all right..

I started with a VTR250 and can't put any fault on it... but I think I got everything out of that bike in a few months time. Now I ride an Aprilia RS125 and this is like a steep learning curve to me.. but I like it!!! And with the new law coming, I think the best bike for any new riders is the one that they wont mind spending some time learning on.

ps. I sold my VTR for a profit and bought the RS for a lot cheaper.. 2 strokes FTW !!!
    +1 top advice

Try a few bikes out before you commit to one

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Member Array
    Car:
    ex-DA9, Altezza
    i m thinking about the hyosung 250/250r...mostlikely 250r..i mean be honest..everyone only plan to ride it for a few months then sell it for their dream bike...so i m thinking a cheap newish bike.not too fast and its similar to a sports bike style so i can get use to it and sell it a few months later and hopefully wont lose too much money and easier to pass it onto the nxt L as it'll be cheap and newer

i m also thinking the prices of it may drop alot in a few months so i m better of getting the 250 as its almost 1k cheaper ( i m talking about 2nd hand here) however may be harder to get ride of as it obviously doesnt look as appealing...i mean either way L's look gay riding on any bikes...but i hope to get one that'll be easier to sell after a few months...

comments?
    ModBox

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    hyosung has crap resale value.

get 250 2nd hand for cheap and resale it. u wont lost much. i made a profit actually