Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 384546474849 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EP3R
    Have you considered an Aprilia Rs 125? I had one as a learners bike and they are great fun. They are relatively cheap to buy and unlike all grey imports you can track the actual kilometres the bike has travelled. I know 2 strokes are an acquired taste, but if you want a bike that handles like most modern supersports (600s) and hasnt had the clock wound back 10 times, you should look into it. Just my 2 cents

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    Thanks Ben i'll try to keep the revs up higher, but I havent ridden much at all since i bought the ninja, think i shouldve gotten something in the 400-600 category, im abit too big for a 250.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Thanks Ben i'll try to keep the revs up higher, but I havent ridden much at all since i bought the ninja, think i shouldve gotten something in the 400-600 category, im abit too big for a 250.
    You gotta rev a 250 to make it move !
    I ride a cb400 and it's more poke than a 250, but still shines when you rev it out from 9-14000 rpm

Thinking of getting my bike Ls. Any tips/pointers? I'm thinking of going for a Kawasaki Ninja 250 at around the $5-6k mark if I get in to it. But what you guys recommend to start with in case I give it up?
    ...... and that's all I have to say about that.

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by mugeneration View Post
    Thinking of getting my bike Ls. Any tips/pointers? I'm thinking of going for a Kawasaki Ninja 250 at around the $5-6k mark if I get in to it. But what you guys recommend to start with in case I give it up?
    Im assuming you are already 24+, in that case a ninja 250 would be ideal to learn on, although dropping one may result in a write off... the jump from that to a 600cc+ will be one hell of a jump also... cos its a complete nugget

If you were planning on learning for a while, get something a bit more robust... Older Honda 250-400's are always fun and built tough
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Hi guys, long time reader, first time poster.

My mate will has his license suspended in 2 weeks. Can he obtain a motorcycle license?
    Im thinking no...

I cant seem to find the document stating this stuff on the RTA website either, if anyone knows where it is that would be helpful

thanks
    Last edited by Rivenscyr; 11-03-2011 at 09:45 AM.

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    They are combined in NSW...

If it was a disqualified/cancelled/lost license id say a def yes

If it was suspended - well common sense would say yes... im guessing yes because the license is combined, so if you are caught by police driving with a suspended license, regardless of what vehicle you are in control of, your balls would end up missing
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

cbr250RR Would be the best bike to get IMO. Lots of parts out there, easy to learn how to maintain and fix your bike, relatively cheap to buy won't cost an arm and a leg to fix if you drop it, and has a bit of grunt in it, also easy to ride, and re-sale is good. Real simple entry level bike.

NB. Must buy new tyres regardless of what learners bike you buy, grip makes all the difference.
    Last edited by SinglR; 17-03-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B18CR EK COUPE
    Thoughts on the cb400 looking to buy my first bike tossing up between cb400. Or cb250f hornet. any thoughts will help
    sideways for the boys....,,,sideways for the boys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CBR250R MC19
    Hi guys, just read through pretty much this entire post and wanted to say my two cents..

I started on a lil MC19 cbr250r, loved it. a bike that makes you feel like you're going fast but realistically you're not, and sounds pretty good too. from that I have ridden a few of my mates bikes. Yammie FZ6, defs not a L bike but fun none the less, a Suzzie GS500 and a Kwakka ninja 250. Now in my opinion, the GS was a sack of crap. heavy and way too underpowered for the type of motor that it had in it. be careful of the carby model of the GS too. the ninja is a good bike if you way in at less than 70 ringing wet. great through corners and loves to be pushed. I have only ridden the carby of that model too and have heard that the EFI is much smoother and better power in the lower RPM's.

For my opinion of a great Learner bike you seriously can't look past the CBR250's whether it be the MC19, MC22 or onwards. the older model engines 4 stroke 4 piston screamers are ridiculously hard to kill. thats why they are worth a whole heap. the new CBR250 doesn't have the same heart as the older CBR's but none the less is a good bike to start on. For those of you that want a bike that you can keep after getting open licences or for those that are bigger boned brethrens a CB400 is the way to go. My missus is 5'7" on a good day and doesnt way much more than 65kg has just bought one of these bikes. Fantastic ride, solid, powerful and calm. That is until you hit 7k rpm. Then it becomes a freakin missile!! she absolutely loves it and doesnt regret spending $7,500 on it at all.

but as my dad always use to tell me, the bike is only as good as the idiot throttling it.

for those that want to learn to ride better and such, find a nice quite road for starters. even try and find a new part of a suburb. biggest thing i would recommend is practice emergency braking. ive had a few crashes and not being able to stop in time was one of them. the other is to practice cornering, SLOWLY. thats the other reason ive put a bike down, over-confidence and stupidity, thought i could do a corner faster than i actually could. i agree with people that say take your time. I am one of those hot head idiots, but I've been lucky to come out without any scars. So out of experience, be safe. If you really do want to do something stupid either take it to a track, or go somewhere where you're going to be the only one getting hurt.

Anyone riden a ktm 200 duke ?

Thoughts?

Looks pretty good

Member Array
    Car:
    EG.RIP.CBR250RR
    Quote Originally Posted by simply.shredded View Post
    Anyone riden a ktm 200 duke ?

Thoughts?

Looks pretty good
    I think the looks will be all it has going for it.
    If you like it, rep it.