Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ8 Civic Coupe
    Best bike for around 6k budget for a learner would defenetly have to be.
    Honda RVF400, got lots of power excellent handling balance and brakes.

I race a VFR400 on the track and when i go past 600cc bikes its just a awesome
    feeling. The VFR400 and RVF400 are soo chuckable and handle like very few bikes ive ridden. Take one for a spin and youll realise how much fun they are.

Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrrevolution View Post
    Best bike for around 6k budget for a learner would defenetly have to be.
    Honda RVF400, got lots of power excellent handling balance and brakes.

I race a VFR400 on the track and when i go past 600cc bikes its just a awesome
    feeling. The VFR400 and RVF400 are soo chuckable and handle like very few bikes ive ridden. Take one for a spin and youll realise how much fun they are.
    And they so shouldn't be learner legal, not to mention they are old as and over priced. Not saying I wouldn't take one as a track bike given the chance.

The best learners are nakeds and dirt bikes. Buy something you can afford to drop. And dont buy anything smaller than a 250 and try and avoid the aircooled singles as well. Anything less will leave you bored in a month.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda prelude VTi-R atts
    Honda CBR250rr i think,you can pick one up for the 5k mark.Good all round.
    ]Then sell her after a year.
    CBR125r looks good but is underpowered,especially if you are say 90kg,and not very good for someone who has motorcyle experiece,i race motorcross,and NSW sprint series and road my mates and nearly stacked it as those skinny tyres dont like to be pushed.
    It all depends on who you are.Heavy,and someone who has experience go a cbr250rr or ninja(dont buy new)
    -Light or dead cold learner,vtr250,Cbr125.
    thats my two cents anyway.