Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    13hp...pffft. What a gay bike!!!!!

Seriously, a Yamaha WR250F trail bike STOCK has 27hp. It is a gutless learner trail bike.

Just because it has more or less power DOESN'T make it a learner bike.

Having no power can get you into just as much trouble as having too much power.
    what a ****ing stupid childish attitude... but its your attitude so whatever...

Learners should NOT be putting themselves in situations like that... otherwise there would be NO reason to have a learner strategy, and NO need for bikes which dont have the ability to get a learner in trouble... it's attitudes like yours that cause deaths on the roads...

As a learner, ride slow, be vigilant, look at whats around and ride defensively NOT offensively...

Riding fast, and using all the power of a motorcyle are not what the first 6-12 months of riding is about... it shouldnt matter how much power a bike has, because you aren't racing

Getting out of situations? such as what? having to make a fast takeoff to avert a colision from the rear? you dont need a superbike to do that... to get away from a car that is merging on you? you're an idiot for riding in the blind spot or beside a car... you are taught that in the training... a fast launch on a CB25 to 30km/h will avert a stand still situation...

You DONT need a powerful bike as a learner, if you did theyd teach you on R1's and show you how to ride fast, not carefully...

If you proactised the principles you are taught you give yourself plenty of room so you are considering the possibility of a problem situation... anything other than that is out of your control...

just my opinion i suppose
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    I agree ^

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by S2kane View Post
    I agree ^
    me too!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    what a ****ing stupid childish attitude... but its your attitude so whatever...
    Just quoting you Zilli.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    ^ thanks... keep it in context when you quote me in the future...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4 + ZXR250C
    wow... so much passion here... lol... I didn't say that Ls bike need power but I just think there are better LAMS bike out there... but If you are light and small then its not a bad choice... But I think getting a bigger bike like ninja 250, suzuki across, and other 250s or larger LAMS is better... U will have better skills in low speed manouvers... which will help you not to drop or control your ever so hot dream bike when u have your fulls (while doing u turns.. balbalblabla)... LOL...

IMO that is...

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Didn't bother reading the other pages but my friend had a CB250 and it seemed to be good for a learner and not expensive either. Another friend had a Spada which he said was a decent bike aswell (more sporty than the CB250). You won't have the bike for that long anyway because as you would already know, their learning/provisional periods are different.

Why not buy a cheap yet reliable first bike and save up money for a nice bike when you get your full license like a Triumph Daytona 675 - hot.

havent read this thread but the cbr250rr shits all over anything u can get as a learner

there is simply no competition

Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    wat about the zx2r 250 . arent they pretty much same spec as the cbr. they look the same almost

Member Array
    Car:
    Fastest CRV in the USA
    here in the states, the most popular started bike is a gsx-r 600 or the honda 600rr. The honda is obviously better with the steering that it has.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    havent read this thread but the cbr250rr shits all over anything u can get as a learner

Thanks for your contribution. Very detailed and well thought out. I am sure everyone else in this thread is glad you did so much research before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Illegal View Post
    here in the states, the most popular started bike is a gsx-r 600 or the honda 600rr. The honda is obviously better with the steering that it has.
    1. It is irrelevant as we cant ride them here as learners
    2. They are still not a great learner bike IMO
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post

lol...............................

wtf is so good about the cbr250rr????

yes, theyr pretty good, but they certainly DONT "shit all over anything u can get as a learner"

too many poser learners out there that want to ride because it looks cool, thats y they go off and pay 6k for a 1988 model cbr with a poof body kit on it

6k for a 19yr old bike, gtfo

its all these idiot learners that got ripped off when buying their cbr coz they thought it was some 19year old pos bike worth its weight in gold..after they got it they realised how fkn stupid they were to pay so much for it so they go off trying to rip off the next IDIOT learner

SO IMO, stay away from the cbr and go for a good naked........with the prices some cbrs go for u can buy a brand new cb250..............................
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"