Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrrevolution View Post
    Best bike for around 6k budget for a learner would defenetly have to be.
    Honda RVF400, got lots of power excellent handling balance and brakes.

I race a VFR400 on the track and when i go past 600cc bikes its just a awesome
    feeling. The VFR400 and RVF400 are soo chuckable and handle like very few bikes ive ridden. Take one for a spin and youll realise how much fun they are.
    And they so shouldn't be learner legal, not to mention they are old as and over priced. Not saying I wouldn't take one as a track bike given the chance.

The best learners are nakeds and dirt bikes. Buy something you can afford to drop. And dont buy anything smaller than a 250 and try and avoid the aircooled singles as well. Anything less will leave you bored in a month.

rvf400s are nice bikes, but damn i would never EVEr commute in that. Its back breaking, the stance that is. IMO its hard to drop a bike, and when you do its something stupid. normally the more stupid u are the more likely ur gona drop/ have an accident. gpx is a good learner bike ... vtwin ftw !
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    if i were to redo my restriction period again i'd choose either a vtr250 or a cbr250.
    good fun.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 da9 + 02 celica
    rvf400 is legal vfr400 isnt i dunno why, i think the rvf has a couple less kilowatts maybe but still.. weird. there both damn sexy bikes however single swing arm ftw!

iv been wanting to get my bike learners for like 6months now but never have time tho

been lookin around for a kawasaki zx2r imho these r so much better then cbr250r cause they look heaps fatter lol.

i learned to ride on a zzr250 god damn these r slow. dunno why neone would buy one when my nugget celica is quicker. lol iv even given my mate a headstart and i still chop him LOL

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I have said it 1000 times, in a learner bike forget looks and power. For heavens sake, learning how to ride should be your number one priority, with looking cool a very very distant second.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    rvf is restricted, vfr isnt, thats the difference, but you can deristrict the rvf anyway, so theres no difference

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    I have said it 1000 times, in a learner bike forget looks and power. For heavens sake, learning how to ride should be your number one priority, with looking cool a very very distant second.
    very good point
    cant look cool on any learner legal bike lol
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

well personally I bought a nice bike. paid 5k for it, learning on it was easy. things such as the u turns and stuff arent. i passed my Ps first go, it took alot of persistence and patience but it was possible. It just takes some time and dedication needed so that you can learn the characteristics of the bike and what it does. Sure buying a 250 and riding it might be really " in your face"in the first 2 weeks, because the learning curve is very high due to its power, turning circle, weight distribution etc. Learning a bike isnt hard, pretty much it comes down to, the faster your going the harder you fall aka the mroe dickhead you are on the road the more risk you put yourself in.

Some of my mates have stacked it a few times, they ask me why. I set them straight and saying because you ride like you want to die. people who dont buffer, look through turns, speed through cars/roundabouts are askign for death. its not only the bike its the person who rides it as well.
    Last edited by nvmee; 01-08-2008 at 05:25 PM.
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Member Array
    Car:
    Pair of everlast shoes
    wat about the hyosung 250s n 600s? im planning on getting one of those for Ls, but not sure if i should or not

anyone know how the aprilia rs125's compare?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG B16B
    im gonna come at this a totally different way.
    for the first bike you want a shit heap.
    because u WILL drop it,
    and the faster you go the more chance u have of dying.

so for the first year you should by a shit bike,
    ride it round,
    learn the way of the world and then buy a cbr600

Member Array
    Car:
    honda prelude VTi-R atts
    Honda CBR250rr i think,you can pick one up for the 5k mark.Good all round.
    ]Then sell her after a year.
    CBR125r looks good but is underpowered,especially if you are say 90kg,and not very good for someone who has motorcyle experiece,i race motorcross,and NSW sprint series and road my mates and nearly stacked it as those skinny tyres dont like to be pushed.
    It all depends on who you are.Heavy,and someone who has experience go a cbr250rr or ninja(dont buy new)
    -Light or dead cold learner,vtr250,Cbr125.
    thats my two cents anyway.