Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    ahhahaahhahahahaa nice
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Wanting to ask a question about an RVF400, its a used bike, from a dealer, Peter stevens specifically, has done 22,000 k's , the asking price was $7990 and they said they can do it for $7,500, they really won't go any lower than that, any opinions on the deal good bad? its my first bike also, the money is no problem just want to know if its a good first bike and if its a good deal.

Had a nsr-150sp, was my first bike. Shit thing about it was the kick start esp on cold mornings.

Its a pretty quick bike, Considering its only 150cc also it seems to have vtech like feature which kicks in about 8 k rpm and the noise and the revs climb faster.

Now i got a CBR125R and its pretty slow compared to the NSR.
    But its cheap to run and is new.

it should theoretically be making twice the power of other 150cc 4 stroke counterparts - so its more like a 300cc. 2 strokes do have a buzz of power up really high and are abit of fun making alot of noise !

Member Array
    Car:
    Garden snail
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    so did you end up buying a ninja?
    yup =D

Buying CBR255rr

Hey guys looking at this bike atm, only problem at the moment is the low kms. Is there anyway of finding out the real kms by racv check or something?

http://www.bikesales.com.au/all-bike...7064&silo=1400

...ZzzzZzzz Array
    Car:
    Pushbike...
    Quote Originally Posted by >Ice< View Post
    Hey guys looking at this bike atm, only problem at the moment is the low kms. Is there anyway of finding out the real kms by racv check or something?

Moved to LAMS thread

It may be possible to find out the original registered km's when the bike first landed in Australia, but anything before this day is pretty much impossible. Nobody would have records of a 20 year old bike in Japan, and its likely that with this bike (like most grey imports) the km's have been wound back... but who cares...

To be honest, dont worry about km's at all with any Learner bike, they shouldnt be a part of your buying decision - check the shocks, brakes, tyres, throttle, engine etc. Read through this thread and some of the others about buying a bike and you'll find heaps of info.
    -------------------------------------------

FFFFffffuuuuuuux999

Quote Originally Posted by >Ice< View Post

CBR250's pretty much all have low km's. Hell I've had 4 over the last few years of wheeling and dealings. Once they hit 40,000km they're due for a freshen up, top end and bottom. Sure, 20,000rpm sounds incredible, but when you're sitting on the freeway at 110kmh at 13000rpm for an hour, shit wears out real quick. Not to mention the nutjobs that seem to own and not maintain these things.
    There are much better bikes out there than a CBR250RR. RVF400'S are lams approved, and a f**king weapon. Awesome bikes. NSR150SP is my LAMS bike. One hell of a good bike, but the kickstarting can get annoying. VTR250's are absolutely bombproof and surprisingly good power.

If you're intent on a CBR250RR like all of the population, check it out properly. Listen carefully for rattly bearings, as $5k is a lot of money to be buying a bike for then doing an engine re-build.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    lol they all have low kms cause they've been rolled over 10 times
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    Garden snail
    get rvf400 if you going to stay on ur L n P for a while.. but if you only staying on ur P for 1 year then get ninja 250 or cbr250rr
    but all comes to you what bike you want n stuffs

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    so i went out to buy my bike after getting my l's almost 7months ago, im use to driving and shifting at 2.5-3k but on the bike what revs are you meant to shift? ive been shifting at 3-3.5, bikes got 4800km
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Bikes are smaller engines so need more
    Revs to pull along. Rev the bike more but keep it under 75% of it's rev range for the first 10,000ks or so. Just don't lug it around in 3rd or 4th gear at low revs this is bad.