Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 4th gen

Central locking problem

I have a 4th gen prelude with stock factory immoblizier + central locking keyless entry. I got a really annoying problem, once in a while the car will unlock or lock itself. I have tried locking with the remote or the key it will happen on rare occasions that i come back to the car and its unlocked. I make sure its locked like 5 times now so when I come back and if its unlocked I know 100% I locked it correctly. Even few times I was working on my car changing the oil or general maitenance then I heard the central locking lock or unlock out of the blue.
    Has anybody ever had a similar problem? Im getting sick of worrying about my car unlocking in the middle of the night so as last resort im going to unplug the central locking.
    Could somebody point me towards locating the central locking unit? I know its somwhere under the dash on driver side, but there is so many cables and units there I am not sure which is which. Thanx guys

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    in the engine bay there is your centeral locking box.. check in there if there are any wires touching or if something is burnt out or water has gotten to it (alot) if not maybe there is a problem in your door itself. a wire touching or faulty.. they are the only things that i can think about unless ur pressing the unlock button on your key by accedent or some1 else is playing a prank. hope i helped
    Parts Added

- K&N Pod Filter - Heavy Duty Clutch - Water Pump - Titanium Spark Plugs - Top Gun SP Leads -

Member Array
    Car:
    GT-R N1 & EVO7
    Haven't had that problem myself what with an expensive Mongoose syst.

But an auto-elec would be able to detect where the fault lies (as if you didn't already know); and it shouldn't take too long (since they're paid by time).

If you're touching electricals, remind yourself when you should detach the battery and still use your multimeter eh?
    Tez

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude 4th gen
    Thanx for the replies guys, at the moment I am looking at 1k insurance bill, will have to get the timing belt done, prob will do the water pump with that, possibly back engine mount might need replacing and on top of that will need to change the clutch soonish so all up around 3k so auto elec at the moment is out. This morning it happened again I went to my car and was unlocked so central locking will have to go. Its only a 2 door car so I dont want to spend too much time and effort diagnosing, trying to fix etc for 1 extra door to get unlocked when I open mine. I just want to turn central locking off. I remember once installing central locking in my old car, just a black box but there is so many of those under the steering column, could somebody direct me a bit closer roughly where the unit is?

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    This happened to my girlfriends '06 Barina!
    One day she started the car and ran inside to get something... when she came out the car was locked and running!
    lol
    The RACQ guy had a good laugh.
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    the box should consist of relays so when u lock/unlock it will close the contacts of each relay so in a quiet area press the lock/unlock button on your remote and listen out for a click noise.