Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: gear!

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    The quality of the gear we get here is different to overseas. I have been informed that Arai redeveloped their shells as the australian standards are harsher than overseas.
    BS!

Aussie gear different? Thats a good one.....
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    What do shoei X-11's go for here? $1200? They cost about US$600.

Remember too that you get the latest and greatest stuff from the USA cheaper than old run out stuff in Australia.
    I love the way that you proport that people should undertake illegal activities.

BS!

Aussie gear different? Thats a good one.....
    Do you have any evidence to prove that my statement is incorrect or are you just pulling your comments out of the air?

See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    You can contact them yourself Zdster.....
    Cassons Australia - National Office: Ph. +612 9684 1210 Fax +612 9684 2091 Email info@cassons.com.au
    I've emailed them mate, you can do the same.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Wheres your proof Zdster? Friend of a friend of your mother's friend's cousin?
    Did someone try and sell you a helmet, telling you they are better here?
    Last edited by Type R Positive; 02-09-2008 at 05:47 PM.

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    You can contact them yourself Zdster.....
    Cassons Australia - National Office: Ph. +612 9684 1210 Fax +612 9684 2091 Email info@cassons.com.au
    I've emailed them mate, you can do the same.
    Firstly, Casson's is in Australia, so you did not buy "all your gear from overseas". This suggests to noobs that they can buy helmets from overseas and that there would be no consequence for riding with it here . Secondly, Casson's is a distributer and up until your post I did not even know that they even sold to individuals.

Wheres your proof Zdster? Friend of a friend of your mother's friend's cousin?
    Did someone try and sell you a helmet, telling you they are better here?
    I was asking you to disprove it. At this point I have at least been told by someone in the industry that some of the gear that we get here has been re-engineered to meet our ADR's. Your response was that it is BS - I assume you know this as you have worked in the motorcycle industry for many years, have visited manufacturing plants or at a minimum have read somewhere that all the gear we get here is the same as overseas. If this is the case please post the article and I will retract what I heard. I am not proporting what I said to be fact - rather something that I was told by someone in the know.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    Ease up fellas. The point still remains - you'll get dicked for riding non AS approved gear and that's that.
    It's not a f*cking Prelude.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I never brought from Cassons..... they are the Australian distributor for Arai.
    I gave you their contact details mate, so you can get your info straight from the 'people in the know'.

Arai helmets just got different liners for different head shapes..... and that 'sticker' from Cassons themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by casson's
    Thank you for your email, No the Arai helmets are made to a different fit EPS liner specification for around the world as there are many different head shapes & also only the helmets that come to Australia have the AS1698 Australian Standards stickers on them which makes them legal to use here in Australia, with out these stickers you will be classed as not wearing a helmet. These stickers are put on at the factory & can not be soured after or if a helmet is purchased from overseas.