Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gear!

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by BulletBoy View Post
    yea thats stupid.
    I myself just got in a shoei visor from USA aswell because the prices here are really high compared to over their.
    What I dont understand is that, the helmets selling here and in America are the same. Hence it should be allowed lol.

I would understand more if say for example the helmets here are created to specific conditions for australian sun or road or watever lol but thats not the case.

Ive got an old shoei visor which i will rip the sticker of and stick on to my new one just to make it look more legit lol.. even though theres still the engraving on the aussie visor
    The quality of the gear we get here is different to overseas. I have been informed that Arai redeveloped their shells as the australian standards are harsher than overseas.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    i guess you learn something new every day
    thanks for that

Member Array
    Car:
    MY01' S2000
    i once had a customer come in with a matt black open face helmet that i have never seen before. i asked him where he got it from and he said the states, i went on 2 say oooo carefull sometimes they dont get the approval of australian standards and he went on to spin his helmet around, showing me the sticker there and said he had taken it off his son's bicycle helmet. i shruged and walked away, i wonder what would happen if his son is caught riding his little tricycle without the AS sticker...

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    Quote Originally Posted by YLDS2K View Post
    i once had a customer come in with a matt black open face helmet that i have never seen before. i asked him where he got it from and he said the states, i went on 2 say oooo carefull sometimes they dont get the approval of australian standards and he went on to spin his helmet around, showing me the sticker there and said he had taken it off his son's bicycle helmet. i shruged and walked away, i wonder what would happen if his son is caught riding his little tricycle without the AS sticker...
    lock up for 3 years minimum!

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    what are the leading brands for leather jackets in terms of quality and aesthetics?

Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dy_ View Post
    what are the leading brands for leather jackets in terms of quality and aesthetics?
    Off the top of my head:
    • Dainese
    • Alpinestars
    • Collins
    • Dririder
    • Ixon
    • Icon
    • Teknic
    • Joe Rocket
    • Shift
    • Tigerangel

They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

how could have u forgotten spidi lol !!!

dainese overpriced as hell ... but damn i love their logo :P its for ballers only. Then you have Alpinestars which is what everyone gets because its one of the top brands with a decent price tag.

IMHO some alpinestars are overated. my mate paid 800 for a jacket with no plastic armour inside, rather it was just thick leather on the elbow + shoulder parts
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmee View Post
    how could have u forgotten spidi lol !!!
    More known for their boots I guess ...

Quote Originally Posted by nvmee View Post
    dainese overpriced as hell ... but damn i love their logo :P
    Some of the nicest stuff I have ever owned is Dainese. IMO the quality far exceeds most of the other brands out there.

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    Hrmm what makes you say Dainese exceeds most other brands? what experiences have you had? thanks!

Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dy_ View Post
    Hrmm what makes you say Dainese exceeds most other brands? what experiences have you had? thanks!
    Mostly quality of materials and construction.

and some of them have titanium like the santa monica :P ... but the price tag is OMGWTF ...
    i always thought spidi is more known for their one pc, unless u meant sidi which have nice boots ... vertigo corsa MMMM
    looking for aftermarket FN2R parts ! pm me !

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by 10KRPM View Post
    BOO hahaha?

Anyways if you arnt comfortable with getting shit from the states then there are plenty of aussie stores here.
    It's your money dude.

I saved easily over $1k when I brought 2 helmets, and 2 sets of jerseys, gloves and pants from the states. And that was including the shipping.

My procircuit ti GP system costs $1250 here in Aust. I got it for $700 from btosports.com.

What do shoei X-11's go for here? $1200? They cost about US$600.

Remember too that you get the latest and greatest stuff from the USA cheaper than old run out stuff in Australia.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F