Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    How's the rotor wear with EBC Red?
    not sure aaronng,only had them on for about 3k km.

but if u consider that rotors are fairly cheap to replace,it is not of great concern.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Am about to purchase DBA4000

Also will be looking at a set of pads.

Ben from Touge Tune recommended Dixcel Type M Brake pads.

ive just replaced all my pads and my front rotors, went with TRW Lucas pads F&R, also got a set of DBA slotted front rotors, (note: i dont track my car) so i cant say how well they hold up on track, but from street use there great, minimal dust, no noise, and pull up nice and progressively with little fade.... here's a link to read up on for consideration,
    http://soarer.ace.net.au/lucas_trw.html
    note: this guy has a soarer which is a heavier car, he has also ran DS2500 ferodo's so its a nice comparison between the 2.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux
    I was considering the RED, but they're ceramic and would probebly prefer if i didnt have pads that chewed through my rotors...Even though i can get cost price on DBA's. I might consider a RED/Green Combo...if i get them over here though they will probebly cost a fortune.

Having the DBA4000's i would hope that they resist wear better than standard disks...

CRXer: How much did you pay for the red/green combo?

Regards,
    Andrew
    >> Now Known as "Phased"

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    just took a good look at my front rotors & the reds are chewing the rotors big time after the track day,so hope the dbas are a bit tougher than stock.But $150 odd a rotor each is fairly expendible i guess.

red/green combo was about $300 from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
    On another note, I have used Motul brake fluid, 2 times, and I have boiled it easy every time. I think Motul is very overrated. Over the past 2 and a half years I have tried out a few 'high end' brake fluids. Castrol, Motul and Neo. I use NEO racing fluid now... and it's been great at the track, and on the street.
    Are you going to tell us which products you used or do we have to guess? Motul make more than one brake fluid. How can you justify to a reader that "Motul" is overrated?

The solution to dusty brake pads is black rims

Regarding rotors being chewed by ceramic/carbon pads: Consider that a front set of DBA rotors costs $100 (stock non-r integra discs). Decent pads (capable of chewing up your rotor) sourced in Australia will set you back nearly double that!

My setup: MOTUL RBF600 brake fluid. RDA blank rotors. Hawk HP+ front pads, Hawk HPS rear pads. All up under $300 importing all but the rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    There are many different products out there on the market for a reason.

Different cars/parts & different driving styles.

Needless to say; just because a product didnt work for you doesnt mean that it wont work for somebody else. Maybe your demands are higher, maybe you expect more, maybe your not willing to pay as much and see certain products overpriced.

Either way, by voicing your experience and telling others about it will help other users source a product most suited to their needs.

My (pretty much stock) DC2R is a daily drive with the occasional track day.

After a track day I realised what suffered the most was the brakes -

Since then I have put Motuls RBF600 and noticed a HUGE improvement in pedal feel and a big decrease in brake fade. However there is evident shuddering now once the brakes do heat up.

As a result I am waiting on DBA 4000 rotors and Dixcel Type M pads to solve the problem and further improve braking as an alternative to machining the discs.

Will let you guys know how it goes!

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Are you going to tell us which products you used or do we have to guess? Motul make more than one brake fluid. How can you justify to a reader that "Motul" is overrated?
    Sorry... RBF600

Quote Originally Posted by l3vnd1 View Post
    Since then I have put Motuls RBF600 and noticed a HUGE improvement in pedal feel and a big decrease in brake fade. However there is evident shuddering now once the brakes do heat up.

As a result I am waiting on DBA 4000 rotors and Dixcel Type M pads to solve the problem and further improve braking as an alternative to machining the discs.

Will let you guys know how it goes!
    You go to Ben, right. Ask him about Neo Racing. It's awesome. Give it a go, and you'll never look back to Motul.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by l3vnd1 View Post
    Most probably your old brake fluid was overheated before or was in need of a change or bleed anyway. You shouldn't find a big improvement in pedal feel from using a different brand of DOT 4/5.1 fluid
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    Yeah Im not too sure what was in there before I did a fluid flush;

But after I boiled it at the track day I knew a change was needed.

Ben did recommend NEO to me but I thought I'd try the RBF600 as many have tried it and liked it.