Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury

CU2 - Purchase Considerations

Hey Guys,

Well, just got rid of the CL9 Luxury and the missus wants the CU2 Luxury (not Sat Nat) and I was wondering what sort of prices people have been paying and what the dealers have been likely to throw in, like mats, tint and those Alloy scuff plates.

Having owned a CL9, the drive in the CU2 was a definite improvement in my view from the previous model. Now the other car was on lease as will this one, just wanted to clear that up before I got flamed and it will be going to an employee so not leaving as such. Also strangley enough I will be getting silver this time as apposed to dark grey or whatever, as it always looked dirty...

PM if you want.

Also does anyone know the accessory cost of the above items and also the bluetooth??

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
    Neill

Member Array
    Car:
    CBF250
    hey neill. the cu2, being only out for a month is not having alot thrown in, nor are the prices being slashed to be honest. If your looking at a demo you can get some things thrown in, like the above mentioned, or if ur really good at haggling/get an overly nice dealer. It all sorta depends to be honest.

Costing in SA for the above would be around

Bluetooth: 600 fitted
    mats: 158
    tint: (depends on brand) from 490-700
    scuff plates: i have no idea what these are, not on the list sorry.
    I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    Thanks for that. I have heard $43.5K on road for a non-sat nav luxury with mats and tint, so if I can get that would be happy. The scuff plates are actually the Door Sill Garnish...

http://euro.honda.com.au/optional-extras.aspx

Member Array
    Car:
    CBF250
    ahhh ok they are 295

and not sure where u heard that price from, a manual luxury by itself new is 43.8 without the fittings, and auto add another 2k to that, but i suppose it depends who ur dealing with, just seems a bit off they would throw in all the extras for nada.
    I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    ahhh ok they are 295

and not sure where u heard that price from, a manual luxury by itself new is 43.8 without the fittings, and auto add another 2k to that, but i suppose it depends who ur dealing with, just seems a bit off they would throw in all the extras for nada.
    Its all about the negotiation, and putting 2 dealers off against each other...after you have talked them down compared to different manufacturers, the CL9 was $40K on road with mats and tint...

Just wait towards the end of the month!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    We ordered a week and a half after it was released and couldn't get anything off the car (CU2 Lux Sat Nav) after visiting 6 dealers or so. We could however, get a bit off accessories and tinting ($700 for mats, boot liner, ipod connector, accent lighting and tinting).

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by kimnkk View Post
    We ordered a week and a half after it was released and couldn't get anything off the car (CU2 Lux Sat Nav) after visiting 6 dealers or so. We could however, get a bit off accessories and tinting ($700 for mats, boot liner, ipod connector, accent lighting and tinting).
    Yeah thats fine, but who the fudge pays dealer delivery...that is the biggest money grab there is. Besides, most dealers are feeling it at the moment, a certain motor group I know of has a monthly budget of 80 new cars, last two months they have done under 40...

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobjones View Post
    Besides, most dealers are feeling it at the moment, a certain motor group I know of has a monthly budget of 80 new cars, last two months they have done under 40...
    umm interesting...
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Auto Sat Nav '10
    Agree with above, full price only for car and delivery. Wanted over $580 for tow ball fit ( for my jet ski) and mats were $200 +. I was quotes $600+ for the BT. So $700 is a bargain for the stuff you got Kimnkk. But in the end with factory bonuses and incentives the dealers get I am not feeling sorry for them. In the end they want to shift cars and make money. Dealer wanted me to be flexible flexible ie give it away to them re my trade, all the usual crap.

I have a 2006 Sat Nav auto luxury with 56k on it and they said they paid $25k for a 2006Auto Lux car they got from a little old lady who only had 25,000K on it..( no joke I had to stop myself from bursting out laughing) and werent really offering any more than that for mine. I have heard they are offering crap at the moment for trades of the CL9, and yes I understand CL9 have dropped in value with the new model. So yes good luck and please PM me if you get a good deal. I have yet to start looking at other dealers, which I will do at the end of the month and play the same game in reverse re trying to remain calm, reasonably firm and walking out a few times...sigh..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Auto Sat Nav '10
    Yeah thats fine, but who the fudge pays dealer delivery...that is the biggest money grab there is. Besides, most dealers are feeling it at the moment, a certain motor group I know of has a monthly budget of 80 new cars, last two months they have done under 40...
    Yes I have heard sales are down by at least a 1/3 so I will try later this month or next month after the slow down has bitten in a bit more.. sorry I have no sympathy for car dealers, with the tricks they like to play on unwary people.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Are they Honda dealer?If so target them!Should get a sharp price!

I paid $38,500 for Basic (ie not Lux) auto with reversing sensors and towbar "on the road".

Mats thrown in and full tank of petrol.

Suspect I might have saved another $500 if I held out, but what the hell........I paid $40k for my Subaru Liberty 8 years ago, so I'm happy.