Page 1 of 41 123411 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2

MY2009 JAZZ.. it's here!! some pics etc..

Someone started another thread asking when it comes.. we'll have them in showroom and PRICING on the 14th August !!

We had our Honda Australia training drive-day last week and I was VERY impressed by the new model.. it's certainly much more car than the outgoing model !!

4 models in the Jazz line-up now with the 1.3L GLi coming in a base model (just front airbags) and also the GLi (S.P.) that includes Front, Side and Curtain airbags and a Speed-Alert warning.

The 1.3L ditches i-DSi and both engines now come equipped with i-V TEC. All power gains are over 4,000RPM however low-down torque also improved.

Gone are the CVT boxes being replaced by 5-speed Autos whichis a first for the small-car class.

GLi / GLi S.P.
    1.3L i-VTEC 73Kw
    5.8L/100km (5/MT)
    6.6L/100km (5AT)

VTi / VTi-S
    1.5L i-VTEC 88Kw
    6.4L/100km (5MT)
    6.7L/100km (5AT)

The Blue one is a VTi-S (5/AT) with 16" alloys standard..

This new COBALT BLUE colour will be Honda's 'hero colour' featuring in all advertising campaigns etc..

The rear end actually slopes DOWN to reduce the drag coefficient apparently.. and no more wing indicators on any models

The clear indicater / reverse lights on the tails actually stick out and apparently reduce drag by breaking up the airflow around the car's rear.. they look cool.. but gone are the LED's.. note the sexy rear bumper on the VTi-S..

i-VTEC badging on all models and on the VTi-S here you can see the 'sporty' exhaust tip.. GLi and VTi's have a 'hidden' exhaust tip that you cant see basically

Side-skirts on the VTi-S are pretty cool too..

All engines (still L-series) now come equipped with i-VTEC and this meaty-looking intake manifold etc.. the 'feel' of the engine reminds me of the old-school D16Y1 / D16Y8 SOHC VTEC's as the motors now haver a pretty wild top-end.. makes for much more fun - especially in the manuals.

Helios Yellow is still around.. this one is a VTi with the std. 15" steelies with hubcaps..

note the under-spoiler standard to direct airflow under the vehicle and reduce drag etc.

VTi-S interior (all black cloth) now with CRUISE CONTROL only on the VTi-S.. ONLY the VTi-S has paddle-shifters now too.. the VTi (5AT) has no paddles

GLi (5MT) interior - There's 10 cupholders for 5 passengers.. glug glug.. not to mention finally we score an AUX audio input and MP3/WMA compatibility !!!

The mighty 1.3L GLi - visually identical to VTi from the exterior now.. used to have the red/blue dot on the 'Jazz' badge and the wing-mirror indicaters.. not anymore hahaha

let me know what you think and post any questions you might have also..

enjoy
    Last edited by VT3C; 04-08-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks for the pics! Something to pick apart over the next few weeks...

What are the interior photos of? Vti-s, vti, or gli?

How's it drive?

Aside from the safety improvements, how else is it much more 'car' than the previous version?

Any little things that grabbed your attention or you thought had a 'cool' factor?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    thx for sharing..

but nothing is fancy to me...still need big $$ to make it nice and perform better : )

Member Array
    Car:
    GE8
    Is there an option for cruise control?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    btw, no F1 pedal for auto and rear wing for VTI-S model? very disappointed.

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    the steering is the biggest improvement. it was so wishy washy in the old one.
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Indicators on the guards instead of the mirrors.... *sigh*

Fuel consumption seems high compared to figures from different markets.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDCORE View Post
    Indicators on the guards instead of the mirrors.... *sigh*

Fuel consumption seems high compared to figures from different markets.
    yeah..I love LED indicators on the mirrors very sad for GE

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    yeah I thought the consumption was a bit dissapointing.. but it's still very frugal.. when you drive the car you'll see that there really is no compromise in the drive of the car itself now versus fuel ecconomy.. sure it's slightly less efficient, but it has much more power.

With the wing-mirror indicaters and LED tails, It'd be a pretty safe bet that these will appear at the mid-life make-over..

yeah no paddles on the VTi - but I actually think it's better to differentiate the VTi-S from the VTi with more actual features rather than purely cosmetic differences that the previous generation had.. the CRUISE CONTROL is std on VTi-S.. is NOT AN OPTION on other models however i am going to look into a 'spare-parts' upgrade rather than an accessory upgrade.. but will have to wait till we have the pricelist on spare parts etc. and to see if it needs more than the 'buttons' on the wheel.. the old school cruise controls needed a special module to operate, however I assume the newer ones are purely electronic.. i'll keep you posted..

yeah the steering is great !! the whole feel of the chassis etc is brilliant.. HUGE improvement over the old model..

if you get the 1.5L i dont think it'd take much to get it to perform.. like I said all the power gains are over 4,000RPM and you can really feel it when you drive it.. where the old model L15A used to flatten out at about 4200RPM, this one is just getting going.. plus the engine note is more aggressive than the old model too hahaha.. even the 1.3L now feels as good as the old 1.5L VTEC engine.. but with more top-end hahaha.

when I say 'more car' I mean that it doesnt feel like a small-car class vehicle and the driver feedback rivals the civic.. infact it not only LOOKS like a mini FN2, it feels more like one.. yes you do get more features but it's hard to describe, you just feel like it's MORE of a car...

Member Array
    Car:
    09 jazz
    it seems not feature with moonroof as well, i hope it can be optional for buyer...

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    GD looked better
    GE is more like Hyundai

Good to see cvt is gone

Asymmetrical steering wheel is hideous

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    GD looked better
    GE is more like Hyundai

Good to see cvt is gone

Asymmetrical steering wheel is hideous
    +1

still prefer GD.

If I was buying again I choose VTI spend $$ on mugen kit and performance parts...