Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FD1/2 Window fogging.

Has anyone noticed that the windows on their FD1/2 fog up excessively?
    It also seems that the de-mister doesn't clear it away very efficiently. I'm comparing this to my mum's Accord, which clears away a completely fogged window in seconds.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    hmm, mine seems ok.

I park on the streets and in the morning the windows (outside) are usually 'fogged up' but the rear demister does a good job in clearing it.

As for the front windows, i use either the spray and wipers or a piece of cloth to clear it.

Regards to interior fogging up, only happens when it's really cold and I don't open the windows or the aircon, but that's quite normal for any car.

I don't mean that I find it odd that it fogs up. It's just that it can take quite a while to clear it away. There was one occasion when i was forced to pull over because the windshield became opaque - even with the demister set to maximum.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    YES YES YES.
    like howy said, rear no problem with rear line dimister.
    Front ones, for me also no problem too with full aircon dimister, but well, in the cold morning, should i turn on aircon too full ??? make it even cooler
    everytime try to turn on the heater, the foggy come as crazy
    my friend's proton waja, when i went with him, 5am in the morning, inside very warm, turn on the heater in full, yes, even turn the heater, front windsc still no foggy
    Now i use anti-fog spray to reduce the foggy, and all good
    Last edited by dmx; 05-08-2008 at 09:41 PM.
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    07 civic sport
    mine's FD2 so climate control (set at 22, aircon may be on all the time). however when it fogs up internally, I just open the vent and it clears pretty fast...outside air being drier

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 07
    I've bought Rain-X Anti Fog couple of weeks back, only applied it once seems to work alright, but I think you need to do it frequently and properly maybe once a month. So I reckon you could give that a try they are about $10 a bottle from BIGW

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    mine's FD2 so climate control (set at 22, aircon may be on all the time). however when it fogs up internally, I just open the vent and it clears pretty fast...outside air being drier
    22 all the time at winter early morning 5 am ? outside temp would be at 5. brrrr... i don't even dare to touch the aircon panel

Quote Originally Posted by musers View Post
    I've bought Rain-X Anti Fog couple of weeks back, only applied it once seems to work alright, but I think you need to do it frequently and properly maybe once a month. So I reckon you could give that a try they are about $10 a bottle from BIGW
    that's what i'm talking about
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    Well for the times that my front window (inside) have fogged up, just turning on the aircon has worked for me.

Mind you I only need to turn the aircon to either 1/3 cold or hot, and then turn the fan speed 1 click.

Takes about 25 secs to clear it all?

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Are you talking about the front or rear windscreen? There are 2 demister functions. One using the heating element at the rear windscreen and another which blows dry air across the front windscreen.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Yes, I know, two buttons; one for the front, one for the rear. It's this functionality that I'm complaining about.

Try to switch on the fresh air button for the front deminster. Turn the temp., at about 27c when the engine heated up. For the "27c" don't need to turn the a/c on just let the engine heat work on it. Open a very little bit of rear windows and u'll be fine
    I have this prob b4, a fd of mine staying in us tell me this trick.
    However, I think what u a using to clean ur front window is also a factor .