Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    can i get sum info on the grey importers?
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    ahem danny where the fuk u gonna pull $70k from ur rear ass. thats like washin cars for 2 life times!!

lol

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    haha yeha recon...

my parents will probly help me out or

i'm gonna go finace and register it under my company name as well

so i can get tax dedutable when i set up my business
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Newcomer Array
    u can import them.. I thought bout it.. but it isnt worth it.. as it has to be stripped to shell and running gear and shipped to OZ as parts due to it being sold locally.. 2 things an NSX is a complex car I dont think Aussies would assemble the same way as Tochigi did. No driving history and also JDM spec. And the cost isn't much different.

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    what's the difference?
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    nsx
    hi guys , just came across your forum and im a big honda fan.
    http://drive.to/aaron-scrx is my old car's website which i sold to build an nsx show car.

Im currently living in Japan and purchasing an NSX next year. As the only way to get a cheap nsx is to come here an privately import one yourself.
    Im lucky enough to have a found a dealer who can get one for around a million yen. to import into australia i have to pay the same amount again on tax alone. Still under $35,000 aus though!

prices to mod the car are ridiculous. ive spent $20,000 on the bodykit alone.

www.nsxprime.com has all the info the nsx you need.
    www.scienceofspeed.com mod parts from america.
    www.gt-rom.net parts from Japan. I deal through these guys, faultless service.

Danny if your under eighteen i would really suggest placing your money somewhere more profitable, as insurance alone will be astronomical

Nice to meet you guys
    Aaron J.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    Too many ignorant noobs.

You cant import an NSX to australia unless you have owned one for more than a year in a different country.

This is mainly due to the fact that they are delivered to australia anyway.

...and i dont count taking one apart and bringing it here as "parts" as importing one.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    nsx
    Ideally the internet would be useful for updating/informing people on the logistics of such things. Calling people ignorant doesnt help matters any!

Many are new to the car game/internet but there is always information to be learnt. I have been in the car game since the early '90s and am still learning!

You're right about the importing you do have to have owned the car for a year (in Japan specifcally) and be able to prove it.

Bringing a car in parts was one way to do it before the rules changed im not sure if its viable now. Two NSX's in adelaide were brought in as wrecks/parts. Too much hassle though if you ask me.

[/quote]

To be honest, if you're thinking of running a business and using the benefits from that as the basis for buying an NSX, you're way out of your depth. I suggest if you're serious about running a business, you run the damn business for a time - the majority of small businesses fold in the first year from poor planning, and perhaps more importantly, lack of capital and poor spending. Take your time and you'll be set, and if it all goes well hell, you may be able to afford a brand new one off the floor.

When did the NSX come into production? 1990? In any case, in a couple of years they'll be eligible for 15-y/o importing.

Award for best advice in this thread so far goes to: Rowie. Don't buy a car, especially one that is damn expensive in both initial and parts costs. You're never to young to own a house, hell, I'm not even twenty and I've got two houses to my name, and using rental income to pay them off, along with whatever I can spare on the side. If you're interested in property investment, its a far safer field of investment, if your parents are willing to hit you up with some capital for a car, why not ask them to contribute to a house instead? You wont regret it down the track.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    sorry for calling people noobs....its just that i find it anoying when ppl give blatantly incorrect advice and pretend they know what they're talking about.

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ajnsx
    Ideally the internet would be useful for updating/informing people on the logistics of such things. Calling people ignorant doesnt help matters any!

Many are new to the car game/internet but there is always information to be learnt. I have been in the car game since the early '90s and am still learning!

You're right about the importing you do have to have owned the car for a year (in Japan specifcally) and be able to prove it.

Bringing a car in parts was one way to do it before the rules changed im not sure if its viable now. Two NSX's in adelaide were brought in as wrecks/parts. Too much hassle though if you ask me.
    [/quote]

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    nsx
    yup, youre right. Very mature response, gives me faith in the internet when there are so many idiots running around as you said.

if you wait till 2005 you can import a 1990 model under the 15 years and older importing scheme thing ... and you get to keep any mods they have on the car!! (I think that's what I might do one day)