Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    dc2

Side Skirt + Rear Pod Sealers

hey guys, i plan on fitting ITR optional side skirts and rear pods. can anyone tell me what sealer i use for the small gaps between the car body and the skirts and pods. cheers.

Last edited by vuongkong; 09-09-2008 at 12:40 AM.

the original comes with rubber seals...
    i bought some secondhand skirts and pods awhile ago... the seals were all dry so i just fit without them... if u can find the seals let me know... ive tried honda but they dont sell them alone.
    thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    cheers mate. can any help ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    What I've seen done is buy long lengths of rubber from clark rubber (thick or thin, up to you) and then have it glued to the edges of the skirts/pods that touch the car with some CA (cyanoacrylate, careful with this cause it sticks most things to each other instantly and its runny like water) glue. Then just mount the skirt/pod as normal.

i have been to clark rubbers and they have nothing thin enough to fit them... esp in white

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    where did u guys manage 2 find these sideskirts n pods? Ive looked around bloody everywhere, very hard 2 get a hold of, dont care if its 2nd hand. Does honda still sell em?
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegzieboi_BAR View Post
    where did u guys manage 2 find these sideskirts n pods? Ive looked around bloody everywhere, very hard 2 get a hold of, dont care if its 2nd hand. Does honda still sell em?
    It'll cost you about 1200-1400 brand new.

i bought them from the forum and luckily enough they are both from adelaide =)
    honda quoted ~850 for sideskirts and 550 rear pods

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    i got a set too .. and im also looking for the seals.

get back to me

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Does anyone know where to purchase these from? cheers guys.

saw this when i was walking pass my aunts car...

today i enquiry some seals from toyota.. off the rav4 cruiser... will order some tomorrow but they are grey... toyota said that i can paint the seals with special paint that wont harden up and crack.

and hopefully they are straight.. not curve where they sit on the rav4 (flared guards)
    will let u know

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by TAM R View Post
    It'll cost you about 1200-1400 brand new.
    Peter from body form actually does them ALOT cheaper than Honda does them for brand new.

Only problem with these is that, even though Honda does sell them (freaking pricey), they only come in CW.