Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tein Help

Tein Help

Hi guys

I am in a lil bit of trouble. i purchased a set of tein ss today and want to install it myself but all the instructions are in japanese. I hoped on to the tein website but couldnt find a english version. can someone help with this? maybe someone has a copy of english version on file ??

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    06EuroLux6M
    Mine in Japanese too,....... nice pics tho.....lol

Lucky my installer was Japanese.

Sorry, can't help with English version.
    133.4kw atw
    14.8 - 400m Willowbank

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    It's not really that hard, if you don't feel confident picking up the ratchet and doing it yourself, get a professional installer to do it for you...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

As nic said it's not that hard.. I did it... it can't be that hard!!
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    what's a mugen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    ill wash urs u wash mine?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Here you go. Good luck and remember to transfer EVERY washer/bushing from the stock uppermount to the Tein SS.

http://aaronng.ozhonda.com/temp/Tein%20SS%20TSX.pdf
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    I just got my Tein SS installed today by Benjamin (ozhonda moderator). It was a splendid job.
    However, euro1986 are u located in Brisbane? Ben is in Sydney, PM him for details. Highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Here you go. Good luck and remember to transfer EVERY washer/bushing from the stock uppermount to the Tein SS.

http://aaronng.ozhonda.com/temp/Tein%20SS%20TSX.pdf

Aaronng ur a campion thanks heaps hey.
    I am pretty set with regurds to wat to do i downloaded a diy guide of acurazine website really good step by step.
    With this Engilsh version of the tein guide now i can go in with full confidence

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    When i got mine installed the guy put them to the max stiffness and i want to make it softer. I saw a picture sometime ago that they could be adjusted from inside the car by taking out the seats or something. I tried looking for the adjusting screw thing today but couldnt find it. I also got little tool handy that you get with the set.

Wondering where is the damper adjusting screw for the rear?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    ^ it is near the speaker area, however you will need to slightly lift the rear seat(where you butt is seated) to release the seat. once that is release there is a 10mm bolt that you should be able to see that is holding the 'back' area of the seat (your seat belt runs down it) once you take out the bolt push the side support down and lift up towards the rear window.

now with the side back out at the top, you will see the top of the shock twice it anitclockwise with you fingers as the tool will not fit easy in the gap. just remember if it is on the hardest setting that you will only be able to turn it 15 clicks anticlockwise before you damage the shock itself.

hope that is clear

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    it is underneath the top plastic off the side seat support.

as traumatized said you need to lift the rear seat until it unclips, then find the 10mm bolt that is holding the side seat support followed by using the allen key supplied by tein to twist the damper setting to suit.

NOTE: make sure you count how many times you turn otherwise you will have uneven dampening force.

Best Regards, Darren
    P.S goodluck with adjusting damper.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    thanks fellas helps a lot !

Member Array
    Car:
    RA109 / BGP001
    just to make sure.
    when i turn it full clockwise. and it stops at a certain point where its harder to twist. thats the 16th? so stiffest recommended setting.

then i turn it back anticlockwise 8 clicks and that the middle point. then from there i adjust it to my choice?

i know theres lots of threads but its confusing and just want to clarify for sure