View Poll Results: How much do you like about the 2009 model new jazz????

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent -will buy in future

19 23.46%
  • good -considering to upgrade

15 18.52%
  • not bad - might take it for a spin

34 41.98%
  • bad -not interested

13 16.05%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda jazz vtis
    After reading this article you may reconsider buying any Ford

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Communi...n-big-trouble/

Big Three in big trouble: meltdown in Motown

By Ben Oliver

17 September 2008 10:11

At the end of last week CAR spoke to some senior car industry analysts at the big investment banks. What they told us, privately, was shocking. They said that while they could once be pretty certain that the US government wouldn’t let one of its Big Three car makers go bankrupt, they now just didn’t know. And they agreed that letting one of them go to the wall might even be a good thing.

At a stroke, it would take a lot of excess capacity out of the system and might help secure the future of the remaining two.

How Lehman's bankruptcy will affect the auto sector
    This was last week, remember; before the US Government risked global financial meltdown by letting Lehman Bros go bankrupt as a warning to the others. Letting GM or Ford or Chrysler go under would be far less risky.

And it seems far more likely now. After Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and now AIG, American taxpayers don’t have the appetite for many more bailouts. The further tightening of the credit crunch after the Lehman fiasco makes it even harder for the Big Three to borrow money to stay afloat. And the longer and deeper the downturn, the more likely they are to run out of cash.

So how bad is it for the Big Three?
    Pretty terrible. GM lost $15.5bn (£8.7bn) in the second quarter of 2008. All three regularly post monthly sales figures down 30 percent on the same month last year. They’ve been hit by a genuine double-whammy. First, the economic downturn has seen almost all the car makers' sales slump by single figures.

But high oil prices have hammered the Big Three particularly hard; the bulk of their sales and profits in their home market are in the big, thirsty SUVs and pick-ups that US consumers are deserting in droves for smaller cars from Toyota and Honda.

How can Ford, GM and Chrysler survive the downturn?
    Only by building the smaller, more economical cars their rivals already do so well. The US government has already offered at least $25 billion (£14bn) in low-cost loans to help them dump trucks, and switch their factories to building better, cleaner cars. Ford will start building six European-designed cars in the US, including the Fiesta.

GM yesterday unveiled the intelligent Volt and can share small cars with its European and Korean divisions. Privately owned Chrysler looks a lot more exposed, with little new product coming until 2010 and no wider family to help.

So will the Big Three become the Smaller Two? Ask us again in six months. Right now, nobody knows.

Would you let GM, Ford or Chrysler go bankrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykwong View Post
    maybe honda australia might bow to public opinion and do something, quick facelift, maybe in early 09, or a price cut of a 1.5K or something, like Mazda with the new 6, a month after release there was a avg 2K price drop across the range because there were complaints and opinion it was over priced.

Cant wait for the wheels review on the Jazz, depending on how it goes, maybe it'll give honda australia the kick up the bum it needs so it can realise what a disaster theyve made out of what shouldve been a slam dunk of a car release.

Also, if we are comparing other aus cars, we should all take a look at the new ford fiesta, theyre dropping that baby with a whole lot of bells and whistles for what would be nearly the same price if not cheaper than the jazz. Looks like ford knows how to gain market share.

I believe that happened with Toyota's release of the Camry. It was widely anticipated but also suffered post release disappointment. Thus it was re-marketed with a slightly different look & name.

I don't see why Honda wouldn't do the same.

Besides the new body shape this Jazz offering is hardly amazing in terms of features and accessories even if you were to compare it with other current domestic offerings.

I took the VTi for a spin today at Honda.

Pros:
    Handles well - no understeering
    Acceleration
    Right side mirror convex so allows for greater visbility
    Maintained power with two adults and air con running
    1.5L ivtec

Cons:
    Already mentioned value on the car
    Lack of standards & accessories
    I mean even the arm rest in the VTi is an "option".

Price 24700 otr. no extras

Besides the new body shape & magic seats, nothing really stands out in this car.

I feel sorry for the sales staff. This car as it is, is hard to sell.

Anyway, went across the road to Mazda to compare the 2 and 3.

Took the 3 neo sport for a spin.
    Pros:
    standards already in place
    M day sale promo (head light protector, auto lights on in dark, bluetooth kit, extra 3 year dealer warranty)
    Auto/Manual transmission (like the old jazz)
    15" alloys
    great to drive
    fully imported from Japan
    2.0L

Was not expecting to buy a car today, but walked away putting a deposit for the Mazda 3 Neo Sport.
    Accessories thrown in:
    Tints 35%
    boot tray
    boot lip
    mats
    alarm

price of 24500 otr.

It was impossible not to go for it after doing a driving and interior review. I needed a new car. I waited for this 2008/2009 model but it wasn't anything like the Jazz of 08. I'm still sad I didn't get a Honda, but I'm happy that I got a decent deal for a good car.
    Last edited by FitRS; 21-09-2008 at 06:12 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Well,as you said no understeer for new jazz is impossible. Understeer is common for FWD car

i wanted the new jazz but not anymore....... even the new accord gives me problems.... sick of it........ doesnt matter made in jpn or thailand.... thats the best of honda quality..... but doesnt mean that its bad quality.... u just get wat u pay for.........

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda jazz vtis
    FitRS

Good luck on your Mazda 3 , however are you aware of the new 2.5 ltr Mazda 3 being released early 2009 , mate you have bought an outgoing model thats been around for years yes its not a bad car but i wouldnt be paying top $$$ for a superceded Mazda

Cheers
    Michael

I thought the 2.5L was only for SP25?

Quote Originally Posted by kongfu View Post
    Well,as you said no understeer for new jazz is impossible. Understeer is common for FWD car
    Dunno, the steering was very responsive. I'm driving an old Toyota Corolla and an aging Nissan NX at the moment and the Jazz was tight in control. I found myself having to turn less than I would normally spin the wheel.

To contrast the Mazda 3 I drove also yesterday was more like my two old cars, which we're getting rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lock & Load View Post
    FitRS

Good luck on your Mazda 3 , however are you aware of the new 2.5 ltr Mazda 3 being released early 2009 , mate you have bought an outgoing model thats been around for years yes its not a bad car but i wouldnt be paying top $$$ for a superceded Mazda

Cheers
    Michael
    Thanks Michael. Believe me I always get purchases guilt on buying stuff and this morning was no different. The top dollar comment has only heightend that.
    At the end of the day, I'm not too worried that it's an out going model. I know the new 6 has it's new revision out and it looks good. I feel I missed an opportunity in December 07 when I test drove the Jazz VTi 07 model because it was fully featured, much more than this 08/09 Jazz for the same price.
    As for the price of the Mazda 3 I know I could of squeezed more but it's not such a bad buy is it? It's a probably a better size for my family as my wife needs this car and we have an 8 month old who still sits in a safety chair. I compared the interior space and it would be cramped with the saftey chair and two adults in the back for the Jazz.

As for Civic, I'm not a huge fan of the body and the interior. The price again is not as competitive.

Plus if the 3 doesn't work out at least I've got some lead time to wait for the Honda Australia to upgrade the Jazz, which I'm more certain they will do.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda jazz vtis
    As long as you keep the mazda 3 for a few years and dont try to upgrade to the newer model you have done well but if you try and get out of it in a hurry you may miss out .

Dont worry be happy

Cheers
    Michael