Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 K24A3

Velocity stack position

Has anyone here installed their velocity stack infront of the radiator behind the front bumper? Planning on moving mine from behind the slotted fin and change the ex flex pipe with pvc bends etc. Looking for install or space constraint issues. Thanks in advance.

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research. – Steven Wright

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    we ll whats the point of the velocity stack in the 1st place anyway ?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 K24A3
    Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    we ll whats the point of the velocity stack in the 1st place anyway ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocity_stack

I just thought that it would scoop more air, being nearer to the front of the car with a larger surface area of the stack being exposed to direct air...where it is at currently, behind the fin, the holes are smaller than the dia of the stack, which means that the true purpose of a larger dia scoop is not being used properly...apart from that, air is not being rammed in or scooped, but blown through the smallish fin slots in the middle of the stack.....which is basically redirected air, as the bumper surely disturbs this.

Am I making sense? These are just my personal novice opinions...and I am just questioning what I think is being taken for granted.
    To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research. – Steven Wright

midori Array
    Car:
    EK4
    nope mines a VS on a short ram..
    works fine!

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    i couldn't be stuffed so i fed a aluminium 100mm diameter pipe to my SRI in the engine bay.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    i couldn't be stuffed so i fed a aluminium 100mm diameter pipe to my SRI in the engine bay.
    from where mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by kazam View Post
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprocter View Post
    from where mate?
    LOL dodgy ghetto style i pierced a hole in the pipe to cable tie it, then cause it was impossible to stick my phat arms into just next to the radiator i couldn't cable tie it to anything.

*note: i was too lazy to take bumper off*

i'll fix it up when i can be stuffed cause i have a fair bit of aluminium piping left

So fed it from next to the radiator > around the corner to the resonator and up to the hole.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 K24A3
    Maybe these illustrative pics will help...even if I use aluminium, don't you think the is more chance of ram air as opposed to the negatives of the radiator heating up the pvc pipe..surely, this can be made heat resistance....also, the problem will only arise when you are slow moving??..If you are on the freeway, the air will be blowing the heat back towards the radiator anyway?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    ahaha nice
    lol give him a break, this is after all a forum and not just a giant search engine.. what are we gunna do when evry topic has been covered? disable posting and just have the search button there?

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    wow wad a nice pics n illustration top top info

Here you go pics of my custom velocity stack:

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2003
    dam looks good, have u noticed any performance diff?