Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Civic FD Start Button

I'm trying to install the start button, but am having a little difficulty. Would anyone be able to tell me exactly where to hook it up to in terms of the wiring?

pm DMX, he sold one of these... Also, you need to use the search function on the DIY section. I think there is a thread about this.

cheers

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    tried the search...nothing found...

Well, there is a thread that DMX has posted to, but the instructions are a little vague.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    can u post the link for that man

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125

Those are the links I'm revering to when I say the instructions are vague. Can anyone make an improvement on that?

Member Array
    Car:
    shibiku taipu R
    I have one which is old and generic and refers to an older civic install. Not specific to FD but it should give you a general idea on how to hook one up. Let me know if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havocwreaker View Post
    Those are the links I'm revering to when I say the instructions are vague. Can anyone make an improvement on that?

i follow the wire diagram posted by DMX and it works perfectly.
    where do you stuck ?

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t=42680&page=3

I was under the impression that it's a lot simpler than it actually was.
    I've had another go at it and finished it. Works fine now. There are actually some further simplifications that can be done. The LED power and the signal power can be off the same source, as can be the ground for the power and th signal cable.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1, RS125
    Havocwreaker, maybe you could do a simple DIY guide for us then

Just a thought...

I was under the impression that it's a lot simpler than it actually was.
    I've had another go at it and finished it. Works fine now. There are actually some further simplifications that can be done. The LED power and the signal power can be off the same source, as can be the ground for the power and th signal cable.
    oh, actually my wiring have a little different to dmx's. i have the the pink wire connected to the cigar +wire and the brown one connected to the cigar -wire.
    which means, whenever i switch the key to on, the engine button led will go on... i think that will give me a little convenience at the night time.