Car:
    91 eg5 b16a

d16y4 Engine Coolant drain bolt?

Does anyone know where it is.
    Help ASAP plz.

Member Array
    Car:
    GE8
    Are you looking for drain bolt on the block?
    It's on top left of oil filter. Not exactly the top, but around there.. I saw it in the manual.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Thanks Twing,I'll go check!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    isn't the drain bolt on the radiator [white little plastic wing nut on the bottom]??????
    Why hello there

Theres a drain plug on the radiator (plastic, can be turned by hand) and theres sometimes a place on the block to drain the coolant thats in the block and lower then the botom radiator hose.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yes twing that's it,thank U.What a bitch to do but do-able..
    I didn't bother this time.How much more comes out of the block after the radiator? I ran the a/c on hot for 30 seconds before draing the radiator.
    I took the 2 big hoses off the back but very little came out.

Also,I will be changing the automatic transmission fluid.I know where to drain it and I can fill it through the dipstich hole with ben's funnel and tube set-up but is there a bolt I take off to measure how much ATF to put in. i.e it when it starts to trickle out the hole,stop.
    Last edited by beeza; 14-08-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GE8
    I never take that bolt out. It's too hard core

When changing the coolant I just follow the manual to take the bolt on the radiator off.
    It gets most of the the coolant, not all. I don't think there is much coolant left in the cylinder head. maybe < 1 ltr.

The manual says total coolant capacity is 3.8 for D16 engine. Last time I pour in a bit over than 3 ltre.. So it will be .8 ltr left.

Do it more frequent, so that the old one eventually be out from the cooling system.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    haha,yeah I found it,then it took me 10 minutes to find it again and I was like Fark that

But mine only took 2 to 2 1/2 Litres,not exactly sure...

you'll have to fill it up more once its run for a bit. probably got an air pocket

you're meant to idle it to heat it up without the cap on the radiator and the air should come out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic GLI 1997 EK1
    Beeza, The automatic transmission dipstich has the Upper & lower mark. Just fill up slowly and use the dipstich to measure until it reach the upper mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    just do it the way the book says to, drain the plastic screw in the rad. enough said and flush twice with distilled water and add 3ish Litres of Honda OEM Fluid, just did mine to the D16Y8, don't bother stuffing around looking for a block drain bolt, even Honda don't do it that way, lol

important tip, after filling it completely the rad and reserve, only turn the cap once not twice and leave it idle for awhile (on cold mine took 15mins to kick the thermo fan) then quickly add more coolant to the rad ad required, I didn't need much at all. The turn to the two clicks and check for leaks. Do a very brief trip, around the block and your laughing
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 14-08-2008 at 03:51 PM.
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

MOST important tip...

before draining coolant turn your temp switch all the way to HOT. This opens the heater core to the coolant system and lets you flush all coolant/air out.