Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol

[DIY] Honda Civic EG - s2000 Start Button Install

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Tools Required
    1. Honda Civic Eg
    2. Wire Stripper + Kit
    3. s2000 Start Button
    4. (Optional) Double Din - Sex Factor
    5. Screwdriver

Method
    1. Locate your under dash cover (underneath your steering wheel ==;; ), remove the three screws.

2. Presented in front of you is your fuse box, probably some stereo wires for dodgy factor and possible alarm system (get one, do it!).

3. Locate the following plugs. These are the two main plugs which operates your ignition. This means you still need a key for the steering wheel yo!

4. Alright we'll start with the second image. The top image displays a plug from the ignition to a portion above the fuse box. With two wires. exiting and entering. One wire being white the other being black and white strip.

5. Strip a part of the black and white wire or slice it apart if you wish to disable key start completely. (Please not do not slice unless you've fully tested its functionality.)

6. Now the first image. The plug has three wires, yellow, white with black strip and black with yellow strip. Start stripping the black with yellow strip wire. (Do not slice - Beware this wire contains a constant 12V therefore do not let it touch bare metal).

7. Alright hoping you have yours s2k button all ready (If you require some help setting up your s2k button message me and i'll post a DIY).

8. On your s2k button there will be three wires leading out of the fuse. 2 Red and 1 Black. Red (30) and Red (87) Black (86).

• Red (30) leads to the wire stripped/sliced on the second image. (Black w/ White Strip.)
    • Red (87) leads to the wire stripped on the first image. (Black w/ Yellow Strip.)
    • Black (86) grounding, attached this to any metal close by. (Underneath the steering wheel one of the steering wheel cover screws will be fine.)

10. Input your key turn til all electronics are on. This also disables steering lock etc. Test your start button.

Setup example with double din...

Anyone living in Melbourne feel free to message me to request help on setting this up locally.
    Last edited by SuiJin; 14-08-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    Ignore the extra masking tape, I removed my factory alarm system cause the old owner lost the remote for it.

Member Array
    cool DIY
    wht happens when the car is on and u press the engine button?

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    It cranks, doesn't shut, its like turning the key again. Not advisable.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    Nice work bro.... +1

Member Array
    would i also assume if i turned the key fully ( to start ignitition) nothing would happen because its been discnonected there?

ps +1

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    if u sliced as written yes, if you didn't and just tapped it would start.

5. Strip a part of the black and white wire or slice it apart if you wish to disable key start completely. (Please not do not slice unless you've fully tested its functionality.)
    Last edited by SuiJin; 14-08-2008 at 08:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    roflmao needed to use my own diy thread this morning +1 to me lol.

Nice work Vincent +1 rep

Member Array
    Car:
    327i
    Legendary stuff mate

+1 repz y0

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    This can be used for the pivot set also so i've found, quite similar.

can you put one of these on a intergra? is it possible?
    DC2
    cheers