Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speakers

Member Array

Speakers

Hi guys, im more a fan of power but my g/f just bought me an alpine head unit for my crx. im lookin at putting some speakers in the front and the rear...no subs!! any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers

What model is the head unit? What type of music do you listen to? Are you into SPL or SQ? How much are you willing to spend? More info please

Random Array
    Car:
    VW Caddy
    Yeah mick overall budget is the best thing first. And my honest opinon you don't really need rear speakers!

But for best results your going to want a set of splits up front and probably an amp to run them as well. Unless you just want to replace the stocko's and that's it. Give me a yell if you need a hand.

yup. u wont want rear speakers in a 2 seater. get splits and an amp to power them.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 Honda Prelude Si
    Ok, heres my $3.50 worth of info.

depending on what headunit you did get, just get a set of type-s alpine splits will set you back around $299... and should be able to power them off the headunit

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by ludester
    depending on what headunit you did get, just get a set of type-s alpine splits will set you back around $299... and should be able to power them off the headunit
    good call, alpine type s stuff is as good as pretty much anything in the price range, and absolutley perfect if you're not dedicated to in car audio (as stated in the initial post)

ludster, $299 is retail isn't it? i'd be a bit disappointed if you couldn't do a bit better than that
    Intentionally Left Blank

Quote Originally Posted by micka
    alpine type s stuff is as good as pretty much anything in the price range
    true dat....

Still waiting for the budget and preferred listening genre...

Quote Originally Posted by micka
    good call, alpine type s stuff is as good as pretty much anything in the price range
    I would suppose only in build quality.

With all due respect there are much better speakers for a similar price, both in sound quality and bass extension. Now of course this is only my humble opinion but I can tell you it's one shared with the greater majority of the high end car audio world.

Look for brands proven at sound offs worldwide and look for the speakers that are found in the audiophiles cars, not the speakers with the biggest marketing machine. You'll find very few Alpine Type-S's I'm afraid.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhrx
    Look for brands proven at sound offs worldwide and look for the speakers that are found in the audiophiles cars, not the speakers with the biggest marketing machine. You'll find very few Alpine Type-S's I'm afraid.
    how many cars entering sound offs would you find with speakers in the type s' price range?
    Intentionally Left Blank

Member Array
    hm. thanks guys. i'm not goin for any competition type gear. i just wanna listen to my hip hop when i cruise (only genre!). i cant remember what model unit it is. i'll have a look when i get home.

neal, i'll be chattin with you bro!! :thumbs:

Random Array
    Car:
    VW Caddy
    haha... well you might want to satify everyone else here with a budget mick. Cause Marty (FHRX) will be a great help :thumbs up: