Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Track days

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    I went to Eastern creek like 3 weeks after getting my L's , you dont need leathers just decent protection

It was the best thing i did, ive done hundreds since and brought a track bike

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    Best to check with each individual track for the rules regarding leathers. Many if not most will insist on full leathers before they let you pass scrutineering, but you may find some more lenient places.

For example, PI knocked me back for having an expired licence. Broadford let me on with a suspended licence. Go figure
    It's not a f*cking Prelude.

will most tracks abide by which bike u are allowed to ride on L's, P's and fulls???
    Syndicate Motorsports Canberra
    Combine the Difference

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    From my experience most tracks will not accept Learner's permits as they insist on a probationary licence at the very minimum. However, they won't insist on you sticking to your restrictions.

You don't need a licence to go on the track. Just need to know how to ride.

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    Quote Originally Posted by CONAN View Post
    You don't need a licence to go on the track. Just need to know how to ride.
    Not true.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2 Lux Navi 6MT
    I used to do ride days at Phillip Island on a fairly regular basis with Australian Superbike School. They run a really good day as they don't pack the track with people and have graded groups. Last time I checked they charged about $190 ish which included lunch and tea, coffee and water through the day.

They are pretty strict and you would need leathers, which they hire out, plus a roadworthy bike.

A ride day is the best thing you can do as you can ride as fast as you want, without worrying about being caught speeding.

you DO need a license to ride on the track. i paid for my Superbike school day and turned up without my licence because it got suspended and i wasnt aloud on the track.

you need full leathers boots annd gloves, cant understand why you wouldnt anyways.

best feeling your goign to get whilst on a bike, the speed the adrenalin, the excitement of going so low on the ground your knee sliders are touching the ground. its awesome highly reccomend superbike school and even just the ride days there.

Member Array
    Car:
    GG Mazda6 MPS
    Anyone interested in a PI ride day on Tuesday, 9th Sept?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4 + ZXR250C
    Quote Originally Posted by A.C.S DRAG View Post
    you DO need a license to ride on the track. i paid for my Superbike school day and turned up without my licence because it got suspended and i wasnt aloud on the track.

you need full leathers boots annd gloves, cant understand why you wouldnt anyways.

best feeling your goign to get whilst on a bike, the speed the adrenalin, the excitement of going so low on the ground your knee sliders are touching the ground. its awesome highly reccomend superbike school and even just the ride days there.
    really me and my mate went to EC and he had suspended license... but they dint check anything.... it was awesome !!...

BTW how much is OP track day?... EC was about 200ish if you rent full leathers there...