Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    yep, tein SS is really just for lowering your car imo, it is a stiffer then stock obviously, but if you have any tracking in mind, or even mountain driving I think they will disappoint you, I got a set on my car atm, and I cant wait to upgrade to buddyclud N spec or Race spec

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    can't you just change the springs and get the shocks re-valved if they're too soft?

also just remember super stiff suspension doesn't equal good handling, quite often it's your tyres that ain't up to scratch.
    Last edited by GreekWarrior; 16-08-2008 at 10:06 AM.
    I'd rather walk way from something saying "that was too hard" than walk away saying "that was too easy"
    ***GREEK PRIDE METER***
    █████████████████████ 100%

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    hmmm guys im understand that buddyclub n+ cant fit ek? is that correct?

if not where may i grab some please casue i know none of ozhonda traders sell them, so yeah a website or a place would be nice. thanks

They do fit eks mate, i think jdmyard sells them. Have a look there
    Yang, please don't use this pencil...

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    having too stiff of suspension on street/mountain driving may even cause less handling/grip cos of bumps, if ur on track it doesnt have many or any bumps at all and the track suspension will be good but on street cos they so stiff, if u hit a bump ull lose traction (no shock travel i think thats wat they call it ?)

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    ^^^ yeah pretty much, couple that together with the fact that aussie roads are shit compared to japan roads, then it should be easy to understand why alot of jap coilovers are too hard for street use here
    I'd rather walk way from something saying "that was too hard" than walk away saying "that was too easy"
    ***GREEK PRIDE METER***

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    Don't be a softy go for some Tein Monoflex

Member Array
    Car:
    n/a
    I wouldn't get n+, they are stiff as and yet give you too much body roll...
    my mate wanted to get one and I warned him about it but he didn't listen and now he full regrets it...

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    so whats a good coilovers for street as daily only?

tein ss or monoflex?

Member Array
    Car:
    hardparked elmo
    Whos got n+ in their ek? help this dude out tell him how they really are!
    Most ppl I've met who have coilovers always end up wanting more control, it makes the daily commute more fun. Generally more control requires higher spring rates and stiff dampers along with other sussy parts.
    I have a friend who owns an Ek and has buddy club n+ he is quite happy with them and is thinking of upgrading to racing spec. Racing spec is alot firmer though.
    If you got to choose between ss and monoflex definitely the monoflex dont waste your time with ss.

EGJOE

Member Array
    Car:
    eg h22, odyssey
    Quote Originally Posted by EGJOE View Post
    Whos got n+ in their ek? help this dude out tell him how they really are!
    Most ppl I've met who have coilovers always end up wanting more control, it makes the daily commute more fun. Generally more control requires higher spring rates and stiff dampers along with other sussy parts.
    I have a friend who owns an Ek and has buddy club n+ he is quite happy with them and is thinking of upgrading to racing spec. Racing spec is alot firmer though.
    If you got to choose between ss and monoflex definitely the monoflex dont waste your time with ss.

EGJOE
    Agreed. i've driven a ek with N+ and their great for daily driving. Nice and comfortable. Best value for money coilovers on the market atm.

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    dude again it depends on what you want, the tein mono's may be too hard for you or the tein ss may be too soft.

I'll let you know in acouple of weeks when I get my ss, I dunno about sydney but where I live in brissy the roads are shithouse.

and I'd look at jic's before buddy club N+
    ***GREEK PRIDE METER***