94 EG, 11 Maloo
    i hated my skunk2's. too damn bumpy!
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by MM89 View Post
    a daily driver that will NEVER be tracked doesnt really require coilovers.
    coilovers generally won't provide a comfortable ride either, only performs
    well, even then, quality of coilovers will obviously vary from model to model.

a comfortable ride that performs well could be more along the lines of Koni
    shocks and stiffer springs. Many people 'claim' that using stiffer springs
    with koni yellows on its stiffest setting still remains quite driveable without
    being too bumpy and yet will stay relatively flat when going around a corner.
    Yes I couldn't have said it better myself, but I would add, buying a rear sway bar to the list for an EJ8 and strut braces for the top as the chassis is flexy without it, and if it's lowered a camber kit is a must have to your budget
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 02-09-2008 at 07:53 PM.
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    my friends got skunk2's in his lil ed9 crx not too bumpy handles incredibly well when he goes throught the gorge and stuff probly best bang for buck

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    panda!
    got tein coilovers and its so bumpy =[! how do i fix that
    stage 1

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    what about coilover sleeves?
    Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fitvpower View Post
    got tein coilovers and its so bumpy =[! how do i fix that
    get yourself an alien key and find the suspension knob at the top of the struts. Teins should have a plastic nipple over them. remove it and use the alien key to turn anticlockwise* to soften (guys correct me if i'm wrong here)

*if it gets even more stiffer, turn it the opposite direction*

seriously some of you people. you buy sports coilovers for sports handling. if you wanted comfort and lowering, go and buy a set of king springs and be done with it.

hoey8888, u r correct.

I have cusco zero 2s in my dc2r, and are awesome for street, even though they are a little stiff. Why do i say this? if they were any softer, then i'd be disappointed i paid x amount when i simply couldve kept the stockers.

as for coilover sleeves, if u want the rear to be bouncy and stiff as all hell (even reputed brands such as skunk2), then go for it. I expected skunk2 to release a coilover sleeve for THAT price, with longer rear springs, but instead it was the same length as the front.

It was aesthetically pleasing, but would give u back pain in no time. and was the worst ride i have ever been in,.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    yeh heard pretty good stuff about skunk 2s.. if you want some other budget I have N+ in mine wouldn't complain cept over harsh speed bumps lol. and also function and form also make decent budget coils.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    *righty tighty, lefty loosey * or some crap... lol.
    i'd assume common sense with all damper adj'able coilovers, clockwise = tighten damper settings and anti-clockwise = softer damper settings. that's how my hks are.

ANYWAY, the OP asked Shunk2 or D2... i'm sure they didn't want to hear how being a daily he should get spring/shock combo instead or just springs for a drop, etc etc... coilovers > spring/shocks for 1 simple reason - adjustability.

ANYWAY ANYWAY... I would definitely go Skunk2... have had personal experience with D2 (in EK), and they were simply bad, and i mean terribly bad. and for the number of "bad reviews" you hit when searching D2, i'm sure you can see it's not just a few cases here and there... and as the other guys mentioned, the americans swear by their Skunk2 stuff, so i reckon you can't go wrong if they're your 2 choices. do it.
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    its a bike!
    if its every day driver as its been mentioned u dont need coilovers the spring rates are way to hard for our roads , i had the pro s coils in my eg yea there great on the circuit! but not parramatta rd or victoria rd! i removed them for a set of s2 lowering spings and sport shocks ride comfort great ! handling great! and u still get alotta tuckage in the rear and just under a finger gap in the front, if ur going for just that stance then get the coilover sleeves for max droppage just get some good shocks tho and new lcas and probably front camber kits too tyre wear sux hard! skunk2 ftw!!!
    Last edited by DNY*BOY; 06-06-2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: typo

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    Quote Originally Posted by SiReal View Post
    I have cusco zero 2s in my dc2r, and are awesome for street, even though they are a little stiff. Why do i say this? if they were any softer, then i'd be disappointed i paid x amount when i simply couldve kept the stockers.
    Do you really find them that harsh?
    I have mine on the 4th setting and with the recaros extra padding compaired to stock seats its comfortable.

Then again sydney roads might be worse.

could always go for koni yellows and gc coilover sleeves, proven works on numerous other occasions... and with today's exchange rates might be a tad cheaper on us ebay..

but there is a koni distributor floating around Australia if you wanna get them locally.

But, if it was me and just between d2 and skunk2.... id go with skunk2 them seem to have alot of r&d behind their products and their quality seems second to none (at least from the stuff i've seen.