Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    wheely bin
    its the map sensor plug its the last 3 top wires on the D plug from ur ecu 17,19,21

thanks all....i will try these on the weekend....

Hi all, after 3 weekends of working, finally got my civic moving, I have solved the wiring problem, had my AFC NEO wired up and went for a little tune on the road today, feels awsome, very smooth power band, and pulls hard from 6k-7.5k. thanks for everyone's help, very appreciated.

and one more thing, Im using the chipped ECU, Ak motorworks said he will set the cut off at 9k, but it cuts off at 7525rpm (from the reading of the AFC) today during the test. does anyone have an idea if the ECU has been Chipped correctly?
    Last edited by pengpeng; 31-08-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    Do you have a tacho? Doesn't the NEO take the rpm signal from the ecu? which should be the same as that displayed by your tacho?

In any case i'd trust the NEO more...

yean, I do have a tacho, but it does not match the reading from the NEO, the car's analogue tacho is like 200-300 revs different (more) to the NEO.

It should go up to 8200revs eh? for a stock P30 ECU. does anyone know how to program the chipped P06 ECU? I need to set the cut off rev at higher, say 8500-9000 revs. is the SST chip programable?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG3
    Well 200-300 rpm difference isn't that much. Would be really hard to tell the difference was even there considering the standard ecu is analogue reading. I'd still trust the NEO more. I mean...standard speedo's can be like 10% out right....what's to say their tacho isn't 10% out also....
    That's just my impression though... Sorry can't help you with the ecu chip info

Thanks for this Echo, I will try to find someone around sydney for the ECU programing.

peng, that rpm cut off is the low cam speed cut off, ie vtec isnt engaging. Definately look at that first.

if ur happy to take it to joe at hi comp racing we can work out a deal for u in getting it tuned, and possibly finding ur problem.

Hi andy, I think the high cam was engaged cos the power was very obvious, but after cut off it just like normal fuel cut off, i've driven a B16A2 civic before, that's the power you get for the high cam. and I have played around with the Vtec engaging rev with the AFC, and it worked.
    are you in sydney? I will call Joe tomorrow see if he can do anything about it, can you tell me can the chip be re-programmed? I need some revs man! no point of having Vtec with a cut-off at 7250 rpm. right?