Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado

Using car speaker(s) for bluetooth phone kit

I have a Nokia CK-7W bluetooth phone kit but it doesn't have the little nokia speaker any more so I was gonna use the car speaker(s). As a minimum I was gonna use the right front speaker only.
    Is is ok to tap into the speaker wire for that speaker and have 2 sources to the 1 speaker. The kit will turn the Oem Jazz HU off when a call comes in so only 1 source will be using the speaker at any 1 time but didn't know if it would cause problems to any of the equipment involved (speaker, CK-7W or HU).
    If any1 has any ideas on how to hook up all speakers (or both front) by using the 1 mono output from the phone car kit then that would be great too.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    more involved than just tapping into it and turning off the head unit...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    have you thought about getting a blue ant bue tooth device?
    i got one, attach it to your driver side visor/ clip on your phone somewhere/something or put it whever u want. connect the phone to the device?
    the speaker is pretty loud/loud enough, and if ur musics on, youll just have to hit the mute or pause button!
    i think thats alot easier than your q ^^
    just a suggestion.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I've actually found a device called a telemute wiring harness which goes into OEM HU's and into Nokia and Parrot BT car kits. They enable stereo mute and using the front speakers for phone audio. All without cutting 1 single wire.
    Can only buy them from the UK though
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    can get them from here 'if' they have them for the Jazz...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    They do and I've ordered 2 from the UK this morning. Same harness for the Jazz as the Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    good to see your supporting Australian jobs

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Well if any1 here sold them (and I could find it in Google) I would have bought them here especially since Pounds to AU$ sucks ass but they don't.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    at least you've shown us you know how to search google.

did it occur to you to ask where you can find a parrot dealer in QLD?

i could of pointed you in the direction easily

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I don't have a Parrot, I have a Nokia CK-7W (work supplied) BT kit. If I had a Parrot then I know of heaps of places that could help. Please read the first line of my first post.
    Anyway, this isn't a thread related to any of that. I found what I wanted with the hardware I have and don't have to cut any wires. I'm happy.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    You wont be able to run a speaker off a CK-7W module. It just wont work!

I think I have a spare speaker to suit that module at work.

Interested? PM Me

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Thanks DC5TYPER. This harness I've ordered from the UK says it's meant to play through the front speakers as it's contains various relays so I guess we'll wait and see. If not you'll have a PM.