Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EH9
    [QUOTE=nd55;1866224]emanuera, can you get back to your contact and ask for an exploded parts diagram of the 4wd trailing arms with accompanying part numbers?

I want to know if the 4wd arms are different from the 2wd versions.

QUOTE]

Yeah Man I'll see what I can do
    If someone says it can't be done, Don't be discouraged.Do it just to prove them wrong

Cant wait to see this, i too wanted to do this to my DA using CRV or the mythical EG/EK parts, but have no garage to patiently work on it, maybe in a couple of years in my new house (large garage high on the priority list) Good luck, and keep the updates happening
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Shuttle 4wd+4g sedan 4wd

OBLA Universal

Hi there ,
    First of all -> I've registered here becouse I've read your thread.
    I am investigating Honda's 4Wheelies 4th and 5th gen for 2 years and can be helpful I think.There is a forum called www.hondacivicwagon.com where I was trying to register 5 times to give dem info but they do not authorize me - maybe becouse of my Bulgarian IP. So they suck DK.
    Anyway.
    First I cannot understand why you've bought that fuel tank - you will have to make serious modifications in order to finish the project so a DIY fuel tank is one of the easiest parts compared to the other difficulties in the project... but you got it so that's good
    So,
    there are 2 differen 4WD systems - with normal diff in front(tranny) and rear(diff) and the second is with LSD in fronth and LSD on the rear diff. In the 4th gen civics and wagons this is the so called INTRAC system. If a CIVIC - no matter 4th or 5th gen has ABS(ALB - the old name) it has LSD infron and in the rear... in that case the rear diff is similar maybe even the same like the CRV one...( I can compare this - there are russian sites with parnumbers and everything so if you need something I can help becouse I know russian )
    The epic tuning 4wd 4th gen hatch is with the normal tranny and with the normal diff. I have a 4th gen sedan with the same 4wd system and it is good. I have a shuttle INTRAC too that it is with LSD infron and in rear and handles better. Now I am buying the RTSI - this month - I've found it and in Saturday will go to see it and prepay it.
    After buying it we can compare images so you will see all the differneces in the arms and so on...
    The driveshaft from the 4th gens I think can be used in your project. Want to mention that there are little differneces in the lenghts of the driveshafts - after [1990;...) the driveshaft is with something like 2 cm longer.
    It will be a problem for you to use 4th gen tranny becouse it is with cable clutch(yours must be hydraulic I think) but 4th gen tranny can be done with some welding...
    Ask questions I can answer.

P.S.
    I've found the service manual for the RTSI 4WD sedan ferio before 2 hours, I was searching for it for 8 to 10 months... and after finding the service manual I've found your post

P.S.2.
    If someone from the hondacivicwagon forum reads that - authoryze me - you have lack of information, we can collaborate insted of not authoryzing my little bulgarian IP LOL

P.S.3.
    If my english is bad - sorry :!)

Good luck with your project emanuera and please tell me where are you from - do you have any 4WD Shuttles(Wagons) there?
    BLSHT Bulgaria, OBLA Universal and WHACK'n FAKE INDUSTRIES

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    this is gonna be interesting

4wd civic sedan owner.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post
    Only problem i see with that one would be the drive shaft/system failing but if they did there homework and did some pre-fail work then it will be fine and able to handle the load/living in general with ease (the older 4wd systems werent the strongest)

What's to fail? Nothing but mechanical linkages. I've never had a problem with dry launching.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Shuttle 4wd+4g sedan 4wd
    YO ~Sp33~ I know your car from another forum - I remember you, my 4th gen is the same but with SOHC...
    Is your hydro clutch stock ? hm - pretty strange if it is hydro... I was thinking that only after 1991 the civics had hydro clutch...

Where is the starter of the topic - I am interested what is going on...
    BLSHT Bulgaria, OBLA Universal and WHACK'n FAKE INDUSTRIES

Great stuff, which forum? I sent you a PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    damnn... looking forward to keeping up to date with this project.. gl

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Any updates ?

Sounds like a awesome project.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EH9
    Hi everybody
    Yes Im still here and Im still doin this.
    I havn't been internet capable for a while, In between moving house and computer sh!#ing itself and not being able to fix it for like a month!

Anyway, No physical updates yet, but always researching and learning more and more about this project. I'd like to be confident in every aspect of this conversion before I start (Or at least most of it)

nd55 - I have emailed my Honda NZ contact about the exploded parts diagram of the 4wd trailing arms and part numbers now that my computer is back online. I kinda never got round to it but I'm waiting for his reply and hopefully I can get back to you in the next few days. Sorry.
    Oh yeah.. When I picked up my fuel tank the parts manager at Honda Gold Coast said he did not recognise the part numbers but when head office in Melbourne finally found them he said that the SR7 in the part number (i,e 17500-SR7-030 ) meant that the parts were interchangeable between various models!
    This tells me that the EK5/8 Trailing Arm numbers you provided, could quite possibly be used on the EG

schizo - I bought the tank so I could still have that OEM look, and not compromising space or functionality with a DIY tank. Im living in Australia, but Im from New Zealand and there are quite a few 4WD EH,EK's over there. I've seen them and they are beautiful. NZ has a lot of unique jap imports that I never see in Australia. It's kinda sad really.
    Thank you for your wealth of information. I'd love to compare images of your 4WD 5th Gen, EH, whatever! we'll learn alot from you

We are building quite a network here, I have a feeling this is going to become a very informative thread.I registered on http://www.hondacivicwagon.com/ too, it's awesome! lots of info on there too!

It's getting late, Im off to bed
    Talk to y'all later.
    If someone says it can't be done, Don't be discouraged.Do it just to prove them wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK
    whoa this is sweet! always wondered if someone had the patience to do this!
    good luck on it dood!
    id say go with a torquey engine combination... in my opinion though...
    do they have any of the 4wd civics in NZ though? wouldnt it be cheaper to buy one from NZ then compliance and bring it here? cos i hear all NZ jap cars are JDM spec anyways...
    anyway... keep it up!
    ||bye bye civic || hello awd turbo ||

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    4wd EK9 would be sex haha