Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    nar the gears didnt crunch when i forced it in. Nope it doesnt go into R when off or cold or hot. is this like a normal problem for integra's? hmmm im finking could there be a chance that its the transmission oil?
    Last edited by koevi; 18-08-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    Hmm i dont know but mine is similar in the case when you try put it into reverse the first time and it just would go in a bit and wont slide into place......But thats when i then do those steps i posted and it works fine.

For me it will sort of crunch into reverse, not all the time, but just a hard click compared to shifting through the gears.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    i full held it into place b4 and it reversed lol, had to go pump petrol...when i got back the reverse gear is stiffer and cant even slip it in abit anymore. uh oh lol

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    Try shifting through all gears when the car is off and try to listen if theres any unusual sounds coming from the gearbox.

Oh yeah make sure the clutch is in when changing through the gears.

Hows the other gears are they any trouble or anything unusual with them?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    all other gears are fine, going to take it into the mechanics tomorow. Ill post up what the problem is when fixed

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2r
    Hi Koevi,

Sorry for bringing up this old thread but searching the forums for cases with reverse gear and this thread is 100% the same issue that I experienced last night. Was wondering what the cause of the issue with your box was.

If anyone has had the same problem and had a fix that would be great.

Run down of my issue.
    Bought a box from BYP B16 box with close ratio GearX 2-3-4 gears with a 4.7FD MFactory LSD. Taken out of their PIRZE EG

All the gears are fine except reverse, it never had any major issues going into reverse, only issue was sometimes it would just not completely go into gear and just putting it back into Neutral and putting it back into reverse works.

No crunches in any of the gears and is smooth.

Last night though, getting out of my drive way trying to put it into Reverse felt like there was no Reverse gear at all, like a brick wall was blocking the hole.
    Finally got it into reverse and as you described it "the reverse gear is stiffer" when putting it back into Neutral or any other gear.

Sounds like an issue with the installer IE byp . Take it back to them - but be aware you will have difficultly claiming anything as they are part sellers not actual mechanics

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If they don't fix it then get a tranny mechanic to check the shift linkage

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2r
    Will do thanks. Will post the fix once I get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by chard88 View Post
    Will do thanks. Will post the fix once I get it fixed.
    where have i heard that before

@chard88 + @koevi I know this thread is years on, any luck with a resolution? Same thing is happening to my DC2R.

3rd gear is crunching at 5,000 RPM + from 2nd to 3rd gear shift. Doesnt make any crunch or grind noises with shifts below 5,000 RPM. Im thinking the reverse and 3rd gear issues are related?

Experiencing a lot of heat coming from the shift area as well. I read on an MX5 forum could be lower shift bushings / shift boots.

Thoughts?

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    synchros,worn clutch, clutch cylinder, linkages bushs
    FFamily