Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Motorbike Insurance

Hey All,
    Motorbike forums awesome... just having a good read.

Thought i'd start up a bit of discussion about insurance on bikes... it's probably the only factor thats stopping me from getting my lisence and a bike... (quoted around 4k full comp, for an RS125 )

No one has to share prices, but just wondering, if you want to share advice for newbies entering the market....
    i.e. whether you have insurane or not? 3rd party? full comp?

Discuss
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EKFOUR, GSXR750
    Insurance on bikes can be crazy expensive, especially for under 25s and full comp.
    I was quoted a range of prices on my 750, between 3.5k to 7.5 for full comp.. im 23.
    So im just going to do third party.
    Can be pretty easy to make a mess of a bike or steal them, so dont blame them for there pricing.

Try e-bike

Hi,

I'm not an under 25 but I've never had any insurance before - car or bike because it's been so expensive to start ...

Just bought a new bike and as it's in the "Likely to be stolen" bracket went looking for insurance .... every insurance price was over the 1,000 but e-bikeinsurance.com.au was less than half that price - might be worth you having a look at.

As I said, I'm over 25 and don't know the prices for under 25 - but it is worth a look at

rotor

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    insuremyride.com.au

excellent prices and great coverage... DO IT

"Insure my ride" was as dear as the rest when I quoted them they are a sub of Shannons ... maybe a little cheaper but no-where as cheap as e-bikeinsurance.com.au ..... go to both and get online quotes

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    if price is the only important factor for you then they may be your best option...

i would be very careful about understanding coverage, excesses and in general what you get for your money

Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    if price is the only important factor for you then they may be your best option...

i would be very careful about understanding coverage, excesses and in general what you get for your money
    So how about enlightening me on the differences between these insurance companies then? What I'm going to get for the +$1,000 to the $450 ??

I'm interested to find out how much better your policy is than mine - you must have compared them to make such a statement ??

rotor

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
    Insurance on bikes can be crazy expensive, especially for under 25s and full comp.
    I was quoted a range of prices on my 750, between 3.5k to 7.5 for full comp.. im 23.
    So im just going to do third party.
    Can be pretty easy to make a mess of a bike or steal them, so dont blame them for there pricing.

so what do all you other riders think... is it worth not getting full comp insurance on your first bike if you can't afford it... say a bike worth around 5k?
    because it's almost inevitable for you to do damage to it...

Personally, if it was affordable (full comp), i'd jump straight into the market, but i couldn't afford even a 5k loss after an accident..

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    with that sort of attitude you can go and find out yourself... im not here to blue with you kid... i couldnt give a rats arse whether you are covered or not, and i dont own an insurance company, so drop the ****ing attitude

however, with most insurance deals you need to look at what is offerred in terms of coverage not just price, but if you dont have the financial means to get a better value for money product, the dollar outlay is what is important, and you will always go for the cheapest product... to people like this i tend to recommend that you look back on the situation and understand whther you can actually afford to own the item you are insuring...Nothing wrong with wanting or needing to save money... but before you sign dotted lines its prudent that you understand what you are getting into.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    with that sort of attitude you can go and find out yourself... im not here to blue with you kid...
    me??

wrong side of the bed this morning I think ....

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    nah not your Gawdam...

Thanks rotor, changed your tune very quickly i see...

good luck with it all