Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Changed my tune .... you make me laugh .. and what tune was that may I ask ??

with that sort of attitude you can go and find out yourself... im not here to blue with you kid... i couldnt give a rats arse whether you are covered or not, and i dont own an insurance company, so drop the ****ing attitude
    stamp your feet and be as rude as you like - I don't have an attitude, just a couple of questions ..... if you can't back your statements up without profanities and sticking your chest out then maybe you shouldn't bother in the first place ... and yes, I can afford what I buy .... stupid statement - how else could I buy it ....

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    thanks mate...

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    ding ding - round 1 is over, back to your corners

Some insurance policies don't cover your riding gear and depending on your riding gear, it could be just as expensive to replace them as the parts for your bike if you get into "trouble". My riding gear is about $2k worth, my bike is about $5000 (when its all put together) and insurance would cost me about $500 (if my bike was on the road).

When you're under 30, you will pay through the nose for insurance! At least get 3rd party if you can... better to have some cover than none at all.

And shop around and buillshit to the salesperson that you've been quoted X amount from XYZ insurance company and see if they can better it.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    good points,

depending on the bike, and how your ride it (commuting vs. weekend) etc. you may get a better price...

FOr those who are interested, e-bike is written by an offshore company, and has hidden excesses. Also, take a look at the number of uninsured vs. insured events, and make sure you are comfortable with the conditions on each policy.

Also, i recently put all my insurance with Shannons, and found they give a fantastic deal. Im not one to worry about price that much rather than what i get personally, and if anyone is interested i would make the call. But beware, they actually check you out through some questions to make sure you are an "enthusiast" before they will offer insurance.

They also do bike insurance, and you will find that you get a good package price

What i find, and its not just because i work in the industry, insurance is an necessary evil, you really hope you never have to use it, but when you do you appreciate the cost, and really want to be sure you get exactly what you want. This is why i advise people that if they are going to buy something of value, and then want to scrimp on insurance and shop based on price, i advise against it... if you cant afford to get the right cover on your assets, then you cant afford the asset.... its like the idiot who buys an 80' rolls royce for what seems to be a great deal, then needs to park it for 6 months when you get fronted with a 15k bill to rebuild a gearbox...

use your brains people
    Last edited by Zilli; 23-08-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    good points you bring up zili , but the amount of people i know who dont have insurance on there cars and bikes is crazy! i wouldnt even want my car sitting in my garage un-insured.
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    :-) i know, and ive seen many cases where and insurers needs to recover from an uninsured....

i suppose everyone has there own circumstances...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Definately need insurance. Had my 600 stolen and glad I had fully comprehensive insurance. Got a 1000 now, but insurance costing me 1.5k......... :'(