Thread: Clutch in EG

Clutch in EG

Ok so finally got my EG Gli Civic last week (Pics up soon), but has 77,000km stock as a rock even has original honda deck haha.

Anyways, what I've noticed in my car is that the friction point is really high up. Is that normal for the EGs? I've never really driven manual, (did licence in auto), but taught myself manual over the past 4 years that i've had my licence (designated driver etc :P).

Have a quick question coz I'm gettin sick of doing bunnyhops every now and again haha, but more importantly with friction point, is it considered riding clutch if you give it say 2000rpm and find friction to take off? I found that I smoothe out better if I do that, but if its bad for my clutch I will need to readjust. I tried the whole brake>find friction>take off, but sometimes it seems I don't give enough revs, bunnyhops, rough or it stalls (how embarassing, my worst fear) haha

Would love any tips. Im tryin to nail take offs, with gear shifts I am ok.

yeah.rev it a little higher...

i find with my heavy duty clutch if i don't give enough throttle like 1500rpm only and then let the clutch go out too fast then the car will shudder when taking off..
    so normally i rev it to nearly 2000rpm then let go of the clutch slowly..
    that way the clutch will slip then force the revs to drop down to 1500rpm resulting in a smoother takeoff, rather than starting off at 1500rpm then bogging down to 1000rpm

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Dan View Post
    Ok so finally got my EG Gli Civic last week (Pics up soon), but has 77,000km stock as a rock even has original honda deck haha.

Anyways, what I've noticed in my car is that the friction point is really high up. Is that normal for the EGs? I've never really driven manual, (did licence in auto), but taught myself manual over the past 4 years that i've had my licence (designated driver etc :P).

Have a quick question coz I'm gettin sick of doing bunnyhops every now and again haha, but more importantly with friction point, is it considered riding clutch if you give it say 2000rpm and find friction to take off? I found that I smoothe out better if I do that, but if its bad for my clutch I will need to readjust. I tried the whole brake>find friction>take off, but sometimes it seems I don't give enough revs, bunnyhops, rough or it stalls (how embarassing, my worst fear) haha

Would love any tips. Im tryin to nail take offs, with gear shifts I am ok.
    Nice buy! Mine was similar condition, Honda tapedeck ftw!
    2000 rpm is nothing, go with that. After a while you will get used to it and take off at lower rpm. My friction point is pretty high aswell. I am going to have my clutch checked out at next service (around 1500kms away.)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    box on wheels
    yehhh,, my friction point on the eg3 is really high alsooo, its like near the top of full release of pedal, i got it checked out an apperently it was ok not worn out or anything.... lol i also call it marshmellow clutchh so soffttt lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    low inertia engine. it needs the revs. even more on hill starts! 2k rpm is fine
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Dan View Post
    Super low Km for an EG!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Is there any way to adjust friction point on a EG3 ? I'm guessing its cable clutch. 1.3L Carby breeze.

My friction point was preety low on my VTi, preety high on my GLi and VERY high on my Breeze but it doesn't slip AT ALL.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    Is there any way to adjust friction point on a EG3 ? I'm guessing its cable clutch. 1.3L Carby breeze.

My friction point was preety low on my VTi, preety high on my GLi and VERY high on my Breeze but it doesn't slip AT ALL.
    its not cable clutch, its hydraulic im pretty sure
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good