Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

New Civic revealed

Link to pic 2

The new Honda Civic is here – and yet again it’s set to break the mould in the family hatchback sector! These exclusive shots show how the next car will look when it hits the showroom in 2010, and as you can see, the Japanese maker has opted for a shape that is even bolder and more individual than the current model.

With Vauxhall set to launch a stylish new Astra, and the next, sleek Ford Focus due in 2010, competition is fierce – but Honda has pulled out the stops to create a real stunner. As revealed in Issue 1,023, the OSM concept seen at the British Motor Show was more than simply an ‘Open Study Model’ – as the face of the new Civic is almost identical.

There are hints of VW’s IROC concept, which was toned down to become the Scirocco, in the gaping front grille. The new hatchback adds elements carried over from the current Civic, too, most notably the trademark single strip light cluster at the rear. But Honda fans will note that the split rear screen has been dropped to improve visibility. Shallow glass areas, broad shoulders and a nose-down stance give this three-door model a sporty and purposeful look.

The hatchback ‘coupé’ pictured here will be aimed at younger buyers, who want style and image more than outright practicality. So, as well as big alloys and a contrasting black bodykit, the three-door gets lowered suspension and a dark interior with deeply sculpted seats.

The three-door will be distinct from the five, as Honda adopts an approach similar to the Renault Mégane by pitching the two cars at different buyers. So, the five-door will be more for the family, with a taller roofline offering plenty of space, a bigger boot, plus a softer ride and handling balance.

The engine line-up will be shared between the two styles, though, and our sources have revealed that a 1.5-litre IMA hybrid engine with more than 150bhp and sub-CO2 120g/km emissions will appear.

In fact, the Civic will herald a change in focus for the Japanese maker as it seeks to reduce CO2 emissions. It’s currently restructuring manufacturing facilities to cater for large-scale hybrid production.

Over the next five years, Honda plans to power all four-cylinder cars using either petrol hybrids with lithium-ion batteries or i-CTDi diesels. But it is also introducing ‘deactivation technology’ for its V6, V8 and V10 engines. This means that some
    cylinders will not be used in more relaxed driving conditions in an attempt to improve efficiency.

Hot hatch fans will also be well catered for, as a Type R flagship is in the works, powered by a 2.0-litre i-VTEC engine which, given Honda’s five-year hybrid plan, could be boosted by an electric motor. This would make it the world’s first hybrid hot hatch!
    Last edited by wynode; 10-09-2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Converted second image to link

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Post a link to the source please.

Looks like an updated version of the UK Civic. I like the S2000/Alfa Brera-style front but not really liking the Odyssey-style rear.
    Last edited by aaronng; 21-08-2008 at 10:17 AM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    Looks alot like the OSM Concept...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94036

I don't mind it, looks quite nice. But then again, concepts usually are spec'd with big wheels, body kits, nice interiors... the real deal will definitely not be as bold...
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

EK9 thanks for posting link, I fully forgot hehe
    as for the car it looks ok, it's hard to say much until they get some real shots, engine combo for CTR sounds promising, maybe an updated version of K20 plus electric motor, could easy go to 200KW

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxary CL9
    The front has a slight resembelance to the S2000
    2005 Honda Accord Euro Luxary CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    front looks Hot.... but not a big fan of the back

Member Array
    Car:
    doorstop
    I like it,lets hope it rolls outta the factory like that

looks like an FN2R had sex with an EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    I want !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Liberty GTspecB
    hot as! i don't like the rear lights too much though
    I used to have a EK sedan
    psn: w-_custer_-w

Member Array
    Car:
    CBF250
    well with our past experience with honda, if it looks that awsome, not a chance in hell it would make its way to australia lol. well get stuck with some halfass version and only one spec no doubt.

fingers crossed we dont get jacked cuz it looks hella rad!
    I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    good to see the EG split rear gate and rear side windows are back!

Let's hope the features make it to production!