Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HID Lights

no it was just the low.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    Thanks, u mentioned urs is 150, however this one is only like $80 or so after exchange rate....
    i think shipping was about $50 or something. there's warranty on them too.

Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    There's also differnt types like H3, H4, H7 - too many choices.. i just need to know which one to get .. please help.
    you need H1, the euro bulbs are H1.

Quote Originally Posted by phen_ys View Post
    ..Yes, too many choices..i was wondering which xenon light is the best for visibility. 8000k seems to be good but 6000k also seems good..ahh..confuse
    factory HID's are i think 4300K, 6000k is prolly as far as you want to go if you still want decent visibility. with 8000k, you cant see as much, cos everything is so blue, and plus you'll attract too much attention from cops. ive got 6000k.

Quote Originally Posted by eg_08_wa View Post
    dont mean to hi-jack, but the other day, i noticed that my normal lights, the wiring for that is only single prong, yet the hid kit i got is twin prong.
    it seems that it will only suit hi light, cuz thats two prong...

how did you guys get around this problem?
    im not too sure what you problem is, but i think maybe you mean there's a second prong that needs to be pluged into the hid kit, the black and the red wires?

if so, i thought there wasnt a second one at first but, i think its the red wire, its connected to the.. bulb housing, you could call it, next to that springy thing that holds the bulb in place.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 manual honda euro
    there are 2 wires....i think you already figured out the first wire, the second wire connects to the light housing....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro

Unhappy passenger side Light angle make it looked a tinge yellow from the centre

Hi Guys,

sorry to revive the old thread but I can't find any post about this.

I had recently installed a Phillips HID kit 6000k (thanks Aarong for all the advice about the cables and angle) however I realized the light on the left side (passenger) kind of have a tinge of yellow when you stand before the car to check on it.

Is this normal? maybe the angle for that side is to highlight sign post on the left so when you stand at the center before the car it looked a tinge yellow?

I've swapped globes already from the seller with same result and started thinking that this might be normal for all stock that upgrade to HID. Really hate to think if this is caused by the Ballast as it still looked bright to me.

Let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,

Member Array
    Car:
    Black CU2 6MT
    i installed hids on my standard cu2 a couple of months ago, and never had this "yellow light" problem, even when i stand in front of the car towards the middle.
    I have 6000k and they are white with a tinge of blue.
    I have a Phillips 6000k HID Kit (H1), and havent had this problem.

All i can think of is that the cl9 and the cu2 have different light bulb position which gives you a different angle. Which is most problem giving you the yellowy look. Plus I find it odd, that the left light is doing this but the right isnt? I would think that try swapping the ballest from the right, with the ballest on the left, and see if thats were your problem is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro
    Yes is only on the passenger side... that is why I thought maybe it's just about the angle issue.

Any non lux CL9 with HID care to share their experience??

have you check that the bulbs are sitting in correction position? the bulbs can only sit in one way. there's like two "nipples" that have to sit in their spot. if you grab a normal h1 bulb, you will see the two "nipples" im talking about

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro

I think I've put it in correctly with the white bar at the bottom and lock it nicely with the pin. Anyway the bulb slot only allowed you to put in with the white bar at the bottom and no other way.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 JDM Euro
    I've got the same kit as you, I tried to fit the bulb in and it wont let?
    is there any trick to get it in?
    2006 Euro JDM : 18' Concave Concept CC02 Rims, Coilovers, Summit Strut Bar, Voltage Stabiliser, Camber Kit, Slotted Disks, LED Lights, Phillips 6000k HID Kit, Sports Grill with CL7 Badges

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 JDM Euro
    also, where did you mount your ballasts?
    as there really isnt too much space in the engine bay?
    Any pics would be a GREAT help?!
    2006 Euro JDM : 18' Concave Concept CC02 Rims, Coilovers, Summit Strut Bar, Voltage Stabiliser, Camber Kit, Slotted Disks, LED Lights, Phillips 6000k HID Kit, Sports Grill with CL7 Badges

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 JDM Euro
    BUMP....any help useful?