Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R

DC5r vs DC5s Handling wise LSD or no LSD?

Hey guys. Thinking of getting both of these cars. But don't know which one. Was leaning towards the Type S for the shape, and everyday "luxury" and drivability of the car, and because i like the slicker lines of the "S".

BUT, just wonder is there any compromise on handing IF i do choose the Type S over the Type R, and how big is the COMPROMISE???,

because I know, well from what I have read from these Forums, the DC5R has LSD and the Type S DC5 does not have LSD.

I'm guessing LSD = Better handling/take off (I'm not going to lunch my car)

Can anyone shed some light on this for me.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    IMO, you only need LSD when you track your car. In everyday scenario, you won't notice much a difference. S's handling is already brilliant for daily drive to the point where you don't need LSD.

Money-wise better spend it on something else like suspension, tyres, i/e/h, etc.
    Proud Owner of 2003 BB Honda S2000
    The Best Thing After 9/11

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Vivid Blue 05 Type S!
    I can second that, everyday driving i have never felt out of control taking it to the limit (daily driving that is), late cornering, fast cornering never had an issue.

I am yet to take it to the track but i am dreading the day, Ive seen videos of sheer wheels spin on every corner ><!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Integra Type
    dude get an S if ya like the look of the it. It drives brilliant. I take mine down the great ocean road 'so much fun' dont worry bout the lsd. And If it really bothers u, put an lsd in later.

cheers
    My DC5 type S mods - so far...
    Red H badges/J's Racing Strut&Engine Damper/Gruppe M/Buddy Club RSD/J's Rear Strut/J's Camber Arms/JDM rear Floor bar/EP3r Front Sway

Member Array
    Car:
    A Honda
    Saw mrintegras car at the GOR and it looked like it handled pretty well for a stock car, i mean it kept up with an ep3 type r and eg with a a b18c in it at high speeds around those bendy turns.

So for looks and handling cant go wrong with a type s over the type r even though the type r is the overall performance based vehicle, you can pretty much get just as good performance plus looks with the type s.

Quote Originally Posted by b18c7dc2 View Post
    Hey guys. Thinking of getting both of these cars. But don't know which one. Was leaning towards the Type S for the shape, and everyday "luxury" and drivability of the car, and because i like the slicker lines of the "S".

BUT, just wonder is there any compromise on handing IF i do choose the Type S over the Type R, and how big is the COMPROMISE???,

because I know, well from what I have read from these Forums, the DC5R has LSD and the Type S DC5 does not have LSD.

I'm guessing LSD = Better handling/take off (I'm not going to lunch my car)

Can anyone shed some light on this for me.
    I wish i had the ability to eat a whole car too

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 CBR 1000
    go the type s

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    By all accounts the handling of the Type S is superior to the australian delivered Type R. It has stiffer sway bars at both ends as well as revised spring and damper rates compared to the Type R. These changes apparently give is better turn in and mid corner behaviour. Obviously the lack of LSD will affect how it gets out of a corner.

I think you will be happier with the Type S.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    By all accounts the handling of the Type S is superior to the australian delivered Type R. It has stiffer sway bars at both ends as well as revised spring and damper rates compared to the Type R. These changes apparently give is better turn in and mid corner behaviour. Obviously the lack of LSD will affect how it gets out of a corner.

I think you will be happier with the Type S.

That's in stock form, but once you start modifying its all meaningless which most people usually do.

However there are bits and pieces that are revised on the DC5S as well which might be appealing.

Rear strut brackets have 3 extra connecting points on each side to provide less movement.

Front strut/chasis brace is revised and is bigger and much stiffer. ( I would not replace this unless you get something decent like Carbing 4 point strut bar or cusco Titanium 4 point )

Front bumper bar & headlights according to Honda is apparentally more aero dynamic compared to the pre face lift model.

And i think the Suspension bushes have been revised as I've driven quiet a few DC5S's and the sussy feels more firmer opposed to the DC5R stock to stock.