Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R

5th gen VTiR Prelude vs. DC2 Integra

Guys, i seek your wisdome regarding these two cars. Comfort, performance, mods, etc.

On paper, i know the prelude is faster. What about in real life? On a track, In a straight line, how do they match up?

I know similar questions have been asked in the past, but i am more interested in prelude vs integra specific facts.

Thanks everyone,
    Dim

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    well, like on paper stock vs stock prelude out-match integra in comfort because that what they were designed for. Performance wise it will outrun the integra, but i dont think it will much anywayz...
    On a straight, because integra lighter it might get ahead but the lude catch up easy.
    I havent seen integra on track yet, but i seen the lude atts on the track n they are awsome on corners.
    They are both gd cars, no bias feeling toward both.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    If its JDM i say dc2 but im being bias.

Ive sat in both cars and both are very sweet cars.
    I think the ITR is a more balanced car and would be slightly better for track...
    But the gen5 are a hot daily car and a cruiser, and the power is there if needed... its hard to split the 2
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

my experience tells me that the dc2 vti-r is marginally quicker than a 5th gen in a straight line... i don't know how they'd fare on the track, but i vaguely remember a wheels test where a 4th gen prelude did eastern creek in 1:59, a stock dc2 vti-r integra vti-r can do it in 2:02- the thing is that the prelude had mark skaife or kevin bartlett at the wheel, and i was driving my dc2
    i wouldn't say i was even remotely in the same ballpark as those drivers, so i guess it would be safe to assume that the two cars are pretty evenly matched on the track.
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    The stock ITR is faster than lude vtir

There is heaps of mods for both, I would be alot more happy with the teg, but more comfortable in the lude. I had a 2000 ITR, pretty even mach in straight line with lude vtir, until hit 3rd. ITR pulls away.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    ITR wins on weight and gear ratio - Lude wins on comfort while keeping close and torque.....

And from experience, prelude chops teg VTiR in straight line - my first ever drag was a Teg VTiR - close, but still won

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    I'd agree with that!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

oh well, i'm up for a little testing in the name of science. any takers from the 5th gen mob?
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    oh well, i'm up for a little testing in the name of science. any takers from the 5th gen mob?
    Find a pair of absolutely stock cars, and then we are right - can't use my car, definitely can't use your's....

i's still a b18c at this point hehehe
    so i reckon it's be okay. you got a power fc now?
    i think we have fairly similar mods.
    And so it begins...

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by ginganggooly
    i's still a b18c at this point hehehe
    so i reckon it's be okay. you got a power fc now?
    i think we have fairly similar mods.
    Lets wait til I have a clutch, headers and hondata... finished
    NO A.P.FC.. never got a chance to try it

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Teg VTiR
    I've got a dead stock DC2 Integra VTiR. Find me a dead stock 5th gen VTiR Prelude, and i'll be up for it