Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2006
    I guess we werent on the same page after all....

I understand your concern and yes i should really go in and listen to the speakers before i buy which i will. I just wanted a more wide spread opinion then just going off what one or two people have said to go for this and go for that.

My conclusion is i would go for MB quart premium or reference as most people have said MB quart do very well in the clarity area and i will watch out for the fakes... i dont mind them being made in asia as long as they perform well... everything is made in china these days anyways... look at my sub and amp... made in china lol alpine

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Well in the real world, most people wouldn't ask someone's opinion on a forum about what speakers you think sound good. That person would trust his/her own better judgement and use what god gave them, they are called ears and are located at either end of the head, they capture sound and decode it as being pleasant or a discomfort. Can you guage that by what ones opinion is about something without experiencing it for yourself? Tell me yes and I'll call you a freak

People have to learn to decipher what I say, I like talking in code like the old cold war days

If after opinions, I'd go as far as saying if it's mechanical then there is only one place in Sydney for your Honda and thats Hanny's Performance in Smithfield.

In car audio you're taking your chances there... Yes there are a lot of skilled people out there and I won't say who they are as I would be seen to be bias, but one thing is high on my list and thats HONESTY, if I don't see/hear that then I don't go back for a re-match...
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    You're from Perth so it's ok, you'll have to work that out on your own, can't help you there as to who's good and who's not
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2004 honda Euro
    Have a look at the Hertz HSK165 splits. They are reasonably priced at $379 retail (you could haggle for a better price or buy from FHRX and Marty gives you 10% off the list price which covers the postage and he is more than helpful)
    I have the Alpine Type X in my Euro and to be honest I don't think they are worth the money. Thay are OK but nothing special. I think that Boston are a better speaker for my taste in music and I am kicking myself for not putting in the Boston Pro's.
    It all comes down to personal taste. Just because someone else likes a speakers sound, that doesn't mean you will. Talk to an experienced installer/salesman and tell him/her what music you listen to and how you want your speakers to sound (punchy, warm, tight etc.) and they should be able to narrow it down for you.

One other important factor is the mounting depth of the speaker. If they wont fit even with a spacer or your not prepared to pay for the custom work, does't matter how good the speaker is, it will be useless to you.

so before buying online, i'd ask a few a shops or sk2 owners