Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 05 CRV Sports

05 CRV Sports

Hi all

I am new to Honda and CRV, I have just picked up an 05 model.
    Before I go back to the dealer with these again I thought I would ask for your opinions. This car was RACV tested
    1. Sometimes when starting the car it can take a bit to turn over. This doesn't happen everytime. Dealers response was it is the immobiliser.
    2. Somestimes when driving slower then 80k's the car can shutter. This can happen with or with out the cruise on. I have found that pressing on the accelerator stops it.
    3. This morning I noticed when traveling at 100 with cruise on the revs were going between 1800 - 2200. Is this normal, I would have though that the revs sat pretty level. I saw this on a ftat straight stretch so it was going up or down hills.

The car is going for it's 90000km service tomorrow - do I need to mention any of these or has anyone else had these problems before

The other thing is what is the fuel consuption ment to be like in these. I thought that they were ment to be decent but I drove to Melbourne on the weekend in it. About 380kms on way. I filled up just out of Ballarat on the way there so from Ballarat to Melbourne to Ballarat it had used 3/4 of a tank which I think was about 330 of highway driving. At the moment it is sitting on about 200km and it is half full
    What is the size of there fuel tanks?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    92 Legend, 92 Civic
    well if it can take a bit to turn over sounds like a battery issue. and as for the revs hunting up and down could be a slight hill so it increases the revs to maintain a constant speed and as for RACV having a look at the vehicle those sort of issues wouldnt be checked by them. its mainly mechanical that they look at. that fuel economy seems terrible. id get honda to have a look at it when you get it serviced

Thanks for that
    It isn't a slight hill because when there is you can see the difference in the meter.

So I am guessing nothing here is cover by the 3 month used car warrenty

Member Array
    Car:
    92 Legend, 92 Civic
    does the tacho fluctuate on level ground? if your lucky the warranty may cover it but id get it in sooner rather than later

I couldn't tell you at the moment my wife has the car - This car was meant for me to drive to work but I haven't seen it much since we got it.

The other thing - does anyone know where I would pick a cheap spare key up from - found out yesterday that the key has been water logged and wont work. We were told buy the dealer it needed a new battery.

thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2002 Honda CR-V Sport
    I have a 02 CR-V, which is basically the same model except for cosmetics, and I have never had any issues like you are having! As for the petrol consumption, the tank is 45L and mine usually lasts me around 400KMs in suburban driving and close to 500 KMs for highway. I would suggest checking you tyre pressure and if you are flogging it maybe back up a bit, the CR-Vs tend to drink the fuel when driven a bit spirited

I am not flogging it when I drive - I have been meaning to check the tyre pressure but haven't had the car to do it.
    I did speak to a honda service man and I am taking the car to the closest dealer to have a look at and see what the problem could be
    I will let you guys know what I find out

What is the service history like? Sounds like it could have missed some servicing!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro
    The CRV fuel indicator inaccurate. It has 2/3 left if the needle is on half. You have around 15 lt left once the low fuel led comes on! I think from memory its 58L tank.

I drove mine mostly around the inner suburbs and I get around 11.5 - 13L/100.

Quote Originally Posted by kcgc View Post
    The CRV fuel indicator inaccurate. It has 2/3 left if the needle is on half. You have around 15 lt left once the low fuel led comes on! I think from memory its 58L tank.
    I took it in for them to check it.
    They told me just to run it form full to empty (have extra fuel on me) and she how many K's I get out of it.

The problem was I had only just filled the car back up from it saying 1/4 left before I was told this.

Let see what happens

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro
    I was told by the service centre all CRVs have the same problem with the inaccurate fuel indicator. Which is annoying as my wife keep on telling me to fill up!
    The orange light comes on around 350- 380km.

My Euro is more accurate 280 - 300km pointing halfway on 65L tank and I get around 10.5lt/km

This time seems to be ok
    we have got 250km and it says it is half full
    That is highway and town driving

Thanks for letting me know about that - We will just have to wait and see

Did you end up get the problem fixed or do you just live with it now knowing what the issue is