Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan

how to find out how many litres of air in this box, and what sub would suit?

ok so im not good at my maths and not sure of the formula to work out how many litres of air is in the box. Because i know choosing a sub is realyl dependent on sub box size if you want it to perform well. I dont want to purchase a new box as they can be kinda pricey. So i'd like to use my old one.

Also if you could recommand a decent sub that would suit this enclosure nicely. I have a amp that runs 400rms @ 2ohms ( coustic) willing to spending 150 - 250 on a sub. i like the loud thump but would like some SQ to it.

not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    Is it a Bought one or one u have made... wat is the port tuned 2?

Try maybe a Alpine Type S dual 2

( oh and i think thats about 55 L not including port leigth or Subwoffer displacement
    Last edited by amurray; 27-08-2008 at 06:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg

Member Array
    Car:
    EK sedan
    I bought it wit ha 12" audiobhan sub and box combo. but that was 2-3 years ago so sub is pretty worn ou. so looking to replace it. No idea what you mean by port tuned to?
    not being a smart ass... but is that what vtec feels like? turning the aircon off?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    lol.. if u dont kno.. then its probly not worth having a ported box... try making a sealed box for that alpine mine..
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ51LK
    when bruce banner gets angry and loses it, he turns into the incedible hulk...

...when the incredible hulk gets f*ckin pissed off and loses it, he turns into amurray
    http://images.cainer.net//uploads/peterbrock.jpg
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/586...nsigsh7ye2.jpg

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    generic vented enclosures are not worth the effort in 'trying' to see what sub works in them, there will be a good chance you will damage the sub if you dont know the tuning frequency, dont know what sub it was designed for and dont know where to set the subsonic filter if you dont know the tuning frequency nor have the tools to find out what the tuning frequency is.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 prelude Vtec
    Well if ya wanna fin out ya volume,Measure the height of the box from the point straight down. Next from the point directly below the highest point, measure outwards to the edges. Hang on...

A

B M C
    Ok A,B&C are your triangle points, M is the point directly below A, Measure from M to B, then Work out the area as a square using the distance of B to M times distance M to A then divide by two, do the same with the other side then add the two results together, times that amount by how wide your box is and that gives you volume.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 prelude Vtec
    Ok, triangle diagram didnt work, Imagine A is over M....

55L is about right. 50x25x47= 58.75L .. find out the port diameter and length, ill try find what its tuned to for you