Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 09

[CU2] All euro owners, which premium fuel you use??

As the title suggest, which is the best 98ron fuel in the market for Euro?
    Also, Honda told me that the best engine oil for Euro is semi syn...therefore, they suggest to go with their own engine oil.. I was thinking to use Mobil1 fully syn, but they strongly disagree. Any comment??
    Thanks!!

coz when u use their honda oil, they get more $$$$$

btw, i use motul x-cess 8100

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    fuel wise - mobil synergy 8000 gets the most mileage, and performance is pretty good.

engine oil - motul 4100 turbolight (semi synthetic) 5w40
    will change it soon.
    vTeK 4-Life!
    FOR SALE: CL9

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by eur001 View Post
    Also, Honda told me that the best engine oil for Euro is semi syn...therefore, they suggest to go with their own engine oil.. I was thinking to use Mobil1 fully syn, but they strongly disagree. Any comment??
    Thanks!!
    I use Vortex 98.Have heard that Mobil 8000 is the best,have tried it and couldn't feel any diff.I've been told by a number of people to stay away from Shell fuel.For oil i use Elf Excellium SM 5W30(full synthetic),$60.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Shell - i get 350-400 per tank.
    Vortex 98 - only get about 450-500.
    BP - 600 (was better before)
    Mobil 8000 - 650-700 (now mobil has better fuel consumption)

These figures were just what i noticed on my car, and from my experience.
    BUT can't compare since we've got slightly different cars as yours is a CU2.
    Last edited by Crapdaz; 28-08-2008 at 08:37 AM.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by eur001 View Post
    Thanks!!
    There was a thread with the same topic on CL9 before. Search for lots of info there.

Honda's oil is fully mineral. Not semi-synthetic. haha....
    If you want to use Mobil1, make sure you use the 5w-30 or 10w-30. NOT the 5w-50. Make sure you have 10000km on your car before you switch to full synthetic, just to make sure that the engine is pretty run in.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapdaz View Post
    Shell - i get 350-400 per tank.
    Vortex 98 - only get about 450-500.
    BP - 600 (was better before)
    Mobil 8000 - 650-700 (now mobil has better fuel consumption)

These figures were just what i noticed on my car, and from my experience.
    BUT can't compare since we've got slightly different cars as yours is a CU2.
    Very impressive if you can get almost a 100% improvement in fuel comsumption by using Mobil over Shell!!

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    plus shell was before when i was still stock years ago, mobil is now after mods too, find that i drain more fuel but is bound to happen due to performance mods.
    vTeK 4-Life!

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro M Red 6
    I get better fuel consumption now that I have the Jtune reflash and I have to use 98 ron. I get about 550- km in town driven hard and up to 800km on the highway. I get about 1-2% variation in the brands of 98 so i dont give a rates arse what 98 i use though i do prefer the BP stuff and its seems smoother. Not sure where you guys are getting 50% difference between brands as that actually defies the law of thermodynamics.

My consumption has improved measurably after the reflash and now dedicated 98 ron usage. That being said you get approx 2-3% imrpoved milage from 98 ron anyway (over 95) and top that with a flash to suit the octane increase with a mild lean offand I've probably got a 6-7% increase in range/efficiency. Thats nice esp with more PowA to boot.

Note: Forgot to add the lowering of the car will have contributed to an efficiency improvment. I dont know how much though. This is what they are looking at with the VE larodore.
    Last edited by Suntzu; 28-08-2008 at 11:22 AM.
    I went to the modded XR5 Turbo with Mods - the dark side.....BOOOOST!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Euro Luxury
    Well, having gone through an amazing 2 tanks already...based on this car and others...

I actually got 600km around town on my first tank with Shell 95....

Now I am running BP Ultimate as that is what I use on all my other cars and it runs smoother I think and just got just over 700km city and highway combined...with an engine that is only "just" run in...lol

Member Array
    Car:
    04 euro
    caltex vortex for me feels a bit sluggish, i use BP ultimate now much more smoother

Member Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
    I get better fuel consumption now that I have the Jtune reflash and I have to use 98 ron. I get about 550- km in town driven hard and up to 800km on the highway. I get about 1-2% variation in the brands of 98 so i dont give a rates arse what 98 i use though i do prefer the BP stuff and its seems smoother. Not sure where you guys are getting 50% difference between brands as that actually defies the law of thermodynamics.

My consumption has improved measurably after the reflash and now dedicated 98 ron usage. That being said you get approx 2-3% imrpoved milage from 98 ron anyway (over 95) and top that with a flash to suit the octane increase with a mild lean offand I've probably got a 6-7% increase in range/efficiency. Thats nice esp with more PowA to boot.

Note: Forgot to add the lowering of the car will have contributed to an efficiency improvment. I dont know how much though. This is what they are looking at with the VE larodore.
    could it be due to the rate it burns.
    vTeK 4-Life!