Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    160kph at broadford track turn 1
    70kph at Phil Isle turn 4
    90kph at winton turn 10

Never on the road :P
    And wear your leathers!

Hi, I know I'm a few years late but have just joined and had successful highside 7 weeks ago. dead straight road sign bit slippery when wet , (was a bit damp) 120k's , back wheel stepped sideways for unknown reason, tried to correct (apparently wrong move) and I highsided and rolled, tumbled and somarsaulted down the road through the scrub and finally stopped.. I just lay there, guy following me walking over very very slow, I said I'm OK, not gunna move, better get some help The outcome, Motorbike tottalled, me nearly totalled, no just 5 ribs, franktured neck of humourus, and chipped the head of humurous.. Still in much pain in shoulder ..but... I can still walk, talk and laugh about it..I should be dead.. had all the protection gear on, did not have any abrasions that needed any treatment.. IT PAYS TO USE THE PROTECTIVE GEAR...

Some 45 > 50 years ago, young and mad, Friday night drink night out of town, me on old Gold Flash, false plates, no rego, cops pull me up and I overbalance with bike on top, Police had to lift bike off, convinced them the bike was registered, and I had a licence (Idid'nt) the sentence , walk that bike home, started to walk and they drove around the block. I then parked it rejoined the guys for a gfew more ales. Then back to bike, 1 kick and she fired, screwed it on, straight out over bridge to home 3 miles away.. lorrel of the story... DONT TRY THAT NOW..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG.RIP.CBR250RR
    Glad you didn't come out of that any worse. Shame about the bike.
    Heal up soon and hop back on the saddle.
    If you like it, rep it.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Damn! Thats not good Grumpy! Been riding motorbike since I was 4 years old. Had a few spills back then (off road). Had only the one accident on the road. I had some doush in a tow truck not look back and reverse on me. In that case I bailed and dropped the bike. I should have been smarter at the time and left a larger gap for an escape. Oh well, can only learn.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    08 CRV
    dropped it a few times

1985 VT500e - first bike, total noob, unlicenced and on an unregistered bunky, going too quick around a corner, locked the rear, spat me off at about 40km, got back on and rode home.
    1989 CBR250R - parked bike on an incline to take some profile shots, wind blew it over, no damage thankfully bar a cracked screen.
    1999 R6 - too scared to ride it silly so nothing eventful
    2000 GSXR750 - Left hand suburban corner, early morning dew, 40km low side
    2002 R1 - RNP, going a tad quick, sat her up, washed off speed, but at about 60km front hit the debris on the side of the road and low sided
    2007 R1 - After a trackday at EC, was at a petrol station, parked on an incline again, dont even remember how it happened but laid the bike down ever so slowly, minor scuff on the bar ends and pegs.
    2007 R1 - too hard too fast equals

Member Array
    Car:
    EG.RIP.CBR250RR
    God damn Vander, that was an impressive stack.
    You're lucky you weren't taken with the bike.
    Any major injuries?
    If you like it, rep it.

Member Array
    Car:
    08 CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayday91 View Post
    God damn Vander, that was an impressive stack.
    You're lucky you weren't taken with the bike.
    Any major injuries?
    the odd bruise and a few pulled muscles here and there but otherwise walked away.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    So your gear did its job then?

Wow thats some nice highside.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    08 CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    So your gear did its job then?

Wow thats some nice highside.
    the gear definitely did its job, dont ever skimp on protective gear kids.

some piccies of what was left

I was riding my XR 250 in the flinders, drop it a few times. but not hurt

Quote Originally Posted by vanderbi|t View Post
    the gear definitely did its job, dont ever skimp on protective gear kids.

some piccies of what was left

is that a cam mounted on the helm? if so post up vids of the crash!